Nelson Ledges Road Course - Saturday, July 21st, Only $110!

theweiser1

Join us on Saturday, July 21st for a full day of high performance driving within a controlled, noncompetitive environment.

We’ll kick off at 9am with 20 minute sessions for each group (Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced) every hour. With 6 sessions from 9-4 and open track time from 4 – 5pm you will be sure to have plenty of time on track.

Registration fee: $110

**Early Registration closes Friday, July 13th at 11:59pm EST (Late Registration fee: $130)**

Registration Link.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/7B84D611-DD03-6D98-9F4A1F1FF00F8D87

Event will be capped at 60 drivers.

I hope to see everyone there!

Shawn

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great to see another event of yours Shawn. I'm going to do my best to make this one if the car isn't down for upgrades.

Thanks man! Hope you and the CR crew can make it out. We had a lot of the CR guys out back in October.

Shawn, I need you down here in Arizona for this stuff. They have a group that does it but it's quite a bit more money and not as much track time.

One thing to keep in mind with Nelson Ledges, we have had a great turn out for about 3 years now. Thats why i am able to keep the price low year after year.

As long as drivers keep coming out, the price will stay low :)

im a complete newb at racing on road tracks.... how many passes would we get? is there instructors that can help with in car training? do i have to work a corner or anything when im not racing?

Passing is done only with point by in approved passing zones (front straight and back straight). There is no limit other than it has to be with a point by in the approved zones, and completed before the braking zone (marked by a cone). We provide an instructor for the beginner group. He will not ride in the car with you but will lead all of the classroom sessions, and lead the beginner group on track your first time out. Its a "Lead/follow" session at slow/medium speed progressing through out the session. Your not required to work corners etc the track provides those staff members to me as part of the track rental fee. You will get approximately 6, 20 minute sessions on track. Thats 2 hours, plus we call open track from 4-5pm for an additional hour if you want more :)

Most people (including myself) are pretty worn out after 2 hours of performance driving :)

If your completely new to these events this document is a great read. While I didn't author it I strongly suggest reading it. Our events pretty much mirror theirs and there is a lot of useful info.

http://events.torquedracingsolutions.com/events/track-day-tips-advice-and-track-info/

Thanks,

Shawn

im a complete newb at racing on road tracks.... how many passes would we get? is there instructors that can help with in car training? do i have to work a corner or anything when im not racing?

also a newb, I'm more concerned about run off though. How much is there? Are there many places where theres possibilities to hit a wall?

also a newb, I'm more concerned about run off though. How much is there? Are there many places where theres possibilities to hit a wall?

There isn't a lot of run off. Nelson isn't all that forgiving. However if the ground is wet you will pretty much sink. Our last event we have 2 drivers go off track and sank in the mud before the tire wall.

Every event we have at least one or two drivers go off track and usually cause damage to their vehicles. Most of the time its not beginners. Its those in intermediate or advance that are really pushing the limits. Also i can't stress enough flush your brake fluid with high temp fluid. I have used Motol 600 now at about 5 events and never had a problem with boiling the brake fluid (pedal gets spongey).

http://www.amazon.com/Motul-RBF-Racing-Brake-Fluid/dp/B000AURZ08

You just have to be cautious. Your brakes even with high temp fluid are going to fade (if you don't have upgraded pads and maybe even brake ducts) however its manageable if your not going flat out for 20 minutes straight. Take a few laps at 3/4 pace as a cool off. Remember its not a "racing" day, its a "lapping" track day. Laps are not timed and the only winners at the end of the day are those that had a great time and no damage to vehicle.

There isn't a lot of run off. Nelson isn't all that forgiving. However if the ground is wet you will pretty much sink. Our last event we have 2 drivers go off track and sank in the mud before the tire wall.

Every event we have at least one or two drivers go off track and usually cause damage to their vehicles. Most of the time its not beginners. Its those in intermediate or advance that are really pushing the limits. Also i can't stress enough flush your brake fluid with high temp fluid. I have used Motol 600 now at about 5 events and never had a problem with boiling the brake fluid (pedal gets spongey).

http://www.amazon.com/Motul-RBF-Racing-Brake-Fluid/dp/B000AURZ08

You just have to be cautious. Your brakes even with high temp fluid are going to fade (if you don't have upgraded pads and maybe even brake ducts) however its manageable if your not going flat out for 20 minutes straight. Take a few laps at 3/4 pace as a cool off. Remember its not a "racing" day, its a "lapping" track day. Laps are not timed and the only winners at the end of the day are those that had a great time and no damage to vehicle.

Thanks for the info. I'd definitely be in the beginners group, so i'd be a little cautious.

so your 600HP car and me and my 200HP car will be in the same group.... sounds dangerous as all hell!

Only if your 200hp car has 10 year old brake fluid, and is poorly maintained and runs into the back of his 600hp car, ensuring both of you have a bad day.

so your 600HP car and me and my 200HP car will be in the same group.... sounds dangerous as all hell!

Greg, get NEW track oriented front brake pads, make sure the rears are in very good shape, good rotors, switch to ATE Super Blue(IPS Stocks it) and your good to go.

Shawn puts on a good event, you'll be fine if you follow the rules and don't push any more than you feel safe to. Nelson doesn't have a LOT of runoff room but you won't exactly be doing 127mph either and unless your being stupid you won't be going off track your first time out likely anyway.

If your still not sure, go up there and ride along with some people to see what it's like, I can tell you it's a blast and safer than the drive itself to and from the track.