Nelson Ledges Road Course - Saturday, July 21st, Only $110!

theweiser1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait....I thought Todd was restricting people from Central Ohio to attend (competition)....at least that's what I remember reading somewhere

Special circumstances. There will be no conflict of interest. I don't think I will be getting a "certificate" or whatever.

I am honored to be able to attend. Hoping to use my Z06 as the car we work on.

• 2 weeks later...

Slight problem with the registration page is now fixed. It wouldn't allow you to select the group you wanted to run with.

Registrations are starting to come in. One month from tomorrow we will be on track!!!!! Who's coming?

To get everyone in the mood ... my fastest lap from our last event (Oct 2011).

Another fun session, first session from that event with one of the guys from CR. Guess who?

Register ASAP!

do we have any way of telling how many spots are left? I want to sign up but will probably be next week before i can.

also what time do we need to be up there? sounds like there is a drivers meeting at 8am, so i was thinking get up there around 7am, but then i would have to leave Columbus around 4am, is anyone getting a hotel up there the night before? if so we could have a pretty sweet CR party.

Edited by Gergwheel

do we have any way of telling how many spots are left? I want to sign up but will probably be next week before i can.

also what time do we need to be up there? sounds like there is a drivers meeting at 8am, so i was thinking get up there around 7am, but then i would have to leave Columbus around 4am, is anyone getting a hotel up there the night before? if so we could have a pretty sweet CR party.

There are spots open for now. Usually it fills up pretty quick. Drivers meeting is mandatory and starts at 8am. I recommend being at the track by 7:30 to clean out your car and get ready for tech. I get a hotel and go up the night before. I do priceline in streetsboro which is about 20 min from the track but the only town close that has reasonable hotels.

I usually just drive up and back the same day.

I will be there, I believe I will be driving, but worst case even if I go with Smokey and don't drive I"ll still be there with my helmet communicators and will be willing to ride along and help if instruction is wanted / needed.

Not to toot my own horn, but I took and passed Porsche Club's national instructor certification course a couple weeks ago so I'm officially highly qualified to help now.

I will be there, I believe I will be driving, but worst case even if I go with Smokey and don't drive I"ll still be there with my helmet communicators and will be willing to ride along and help if instruction is wanted / needed.

Not to toot my own horn, but I took and passed Porsche Club's national instructor certification course a couple weeks ago so I'm officially highly qualified to help now.

I would love to have you ride with me and help me out.

since there will be no lap times provided i was just wondering what everyone will be using to keep track of their times? was thinking about getting an app for my phone (http://www.trackaroo.com) but i was wondering if there is something better out there for it.

Also i just signed up and there are still plenty of spots open!

since there will be no lap times provided i was just wondering what everyone will be using to keep track of their times? was thinking about getting an app for my phone (http://www.trackaroo.com) but i was wondering if there is something better out there for it.

I use that app and it works pretty well. There are a handful of us that use it. Although it doesn't work very well with the phone gps. I have this device and it works pretty good.

http://www.amazon.com/BT-Q818XT-Qstarz-10Hz-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B003YCZINA/ref=pd_cp_e_0

Thanks for signing up!

For a beginner lap times should be the furthest thing from your mind.

Harry's Lap Timer is pretty much as good as it gets for phones, but to get a high enough sample rate you need to use a GPS cradle mount for your phone to best get a strong enough rate for the app to be accurate, with just the GPS signal from the phone they aren't very accurate at all. Harry's is a pretty cool app for no more than it costs, it even does integrated video and data overlay now. By the time you do the app and cradle though you're at $150-200 invested.

I use AIM Solo for lap times and data, much more accurate, does predictive lap timing on the fly for instant analysis from the drivers seat.

...but again, I didn't use any sort of data or lap times until I had years of seat time, it's just not very helpful until you reach a point where you have hit a plateau and are looking for ways to reach that next goal.