Nelson Ledges Road Course - Saturday, July 21st, Only $110!

theweiser1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's running well,

Understatement. We put my data acquisition in Chris' car, changed up a few things he was doing out there on the track and the kid proceeds to go out and throw down a flier that I don't even think that I can match in my beetle. Conditions were near perfect with overcast and cooler temps this past weekend and the darn FD was tearing it up as a result.

His challenge this weekend will be trying to back that lap up.

So just so I can get a better idea of whats going on. Where are we set up during the event? Are we in the paddock or a parking lot? Are we covered? I'm not really sure what to expect or bring as its my first road course event.

So just so I can get a better idea of whats going on. Where are we set up during the event? Are we in the paddock or a parking lot? Are we covered? I'm not really sure what to expect or bring as its my first road course event.

+1

Should i bring an Easy up? will there be concessions or should i pack a lunch?

If you've ever been to like Mid Ohio or something like that just throw all of your expectations for facilities out the window, Nelson is a Dump...but if you ask me that's part of it's appeal.

We will all fit in the main paddock area right behind pit road. Nothing is covered other than the tech shed so bring a tent or whatever if you would like shade. There are other parking areas I'm sure you're welcome to use but they won't be necessary.

They do have running water now and semi-clean shitters that at least do their job.

There is a "Bistro" there, it's funny because it's just a food trailer they call a Bistro but the food is actually really very good. I'd bring snacks and pleanty of water to keep hydrated.

If you've ever been to like Mid Ohio or something like that just throw all of your expectations for facilities out the window, Nelson is a Dump...but if you ask me that's part of it's appeal.

We will all fit in the main paddock area right behind pit road. Nothing is covered other than the tech shed so bring a tent or whatever if you would like shade. There are other parking areas I'm sure you're welcome to use but they won't be necessary.

They do have running water now and semi-clean shitters that at least do their job.

There is a "Bistro" there, it's funny because it's just a food trailer they call a Bistro but the food is actually really very good. I'd bring snacks and pleanty of water to keep hydrated.

Perfect! Also check out this event primer. Its from another company however I found it very informative and it will be very similar to our event.. Please read before you arrive. Drivers meeting is at 8am sharp and its required. Listen for the announcement. Also start cleaning out your car once you park. Remove floor mats, spare tire and any loose items.

http://events.torquedracingsolutions.com/events/track-day-tips-advice-and-track-info/

His challenge this weekend will be trying to back that lap up.

We know that's likely not happening but my best shot will likely be the 2nd session in the morning. I'll be getting slower from then on.

I'm just excited to go out and have some more fun and hopefully keep the FD in one piece and not rub through anything too serious with the tires.

Hopefully Shawn doesn't scare the shit out of you, that car of his rolls the fuck out!!

lol ... i'm ready to see how the new NT01's do at nelson. They were completely awesome at Putnam Park back in May. Got some new hawk pads for the brembos up front so it should be a fun day ;)

So how cool is Ledges about people taking pics? I don't want to run into a situation where I can't get good shots since I don't have any big boy glass right now :(

Define "Big Boy". If you've got up to around 200mm you've got enough. They really aren't very strict about much, you should be able to go find some really good positions fairly close to the track.

If you shoot Canon and don't have anything that long I can bring my 55-250 to let you use if you want.

Define "Big Boy". If you've got up to around 200mm you've got enough. They really aren't very strict about much, you should be able to go find some really good positions fairly close to the track.

If you shoot Canon and don't have anything that long I can bring my 55-250 to let you use if you want.

I just have a couple of basic kit type lenses and one is 200mm I think. I have just a basic Rebel from 2009 and might take you up on that 55-250.

I want to be able to get some cool shots for people since I have nothing to race I can concentrate on photos and video all day :)

+1

Should i bring an Easy up? will there be concessions or should i pack a lunch?

I'm going to sit in your shade in a completely heterosexual way

Good deal, I've never been to any track before so I didnt have any expectations. Just want to appropriately plan for what I have to work with.

I just have a couple of basic kit type lenses and one is 200mm I think. I have just a basic Rebel from 2009 and might take you up on that 55-250.

I want to be able to get some cool shots for people since I have nothing to race I can concentrate on photos and video all day :)

I'll try to remember to bring the glass, it's nothing special but the focal range is nice.