Nelson Ledges Road Course - Saturday, July 21st, Only $110!

theweiser1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet shot right here...

http://waggz.smugmug.com/Cars/Nelson-Ledges-7-21-Group-A/i-8KPM7cQ/0/L/IMG0790-L.jpg

Badass, elise almost on 2 wheels!!

http://waggz.smugmug.com/Other/Nelson-Ledges-7-21-Group-C/i-nRcXRTX/0/L/IMG1063-L.jpg

Lots of great pic Waggs, not a good lap time, but I like this shot.

Takumi!!!:gabe:

I broke it loose on the last two corners multiple times, lots of fun.

I was the one in Greg's car that gave you the "Special" point by out the passenger window :D

We were sitting in the pits and could hear your regular sideways adventures. Every time we would stop to make sure there was no impact then see you emerge coming up the straight a few moments later... "Cordell again!"

I was the one in Greg's car that gave you the "Special" point by out the passenger window :D

We were sitting in the pits and could hear your regular sideways adventures. Every time we would stop to make sure there was no impact then see you emerge coming up the straight a few moments later... "Cordell again!"

Oh that was your finger :lolguy:

I kept trying some different approches to the last few corners, and I was getting a good feel for the car's breaking point. I hadn't thought about you guys listening to me :fuckyeah:

broke a hardened race wheel stud off, 10 minutes before getting on the track. :dumb:

That sucks, I wondered why I hadn't seen you out there. Quite a few of my friends have been having issues with breaking studs while on the track lately and have just gone back to wheel bolts to avoid the frustration. Not sure if stresses are different on the studs or there's a much more limited life, but thats a crappy situation.

please ignore the stupidity of me and my friend Brandon

I'm loving the angle on the 1st video

looks very good for a newbie. Neat, tidy. Practice and you'll be better. I see you're using all the track in all but the Carousel and T3 (the right hander before Oak Tree).....overall very good :)

That sucks, I wondered why I hadn't seen you out there. Quite a few of my friends have been having issues with breaking studs while on the track lately and have just gone back to wheel bolts to avoid the frustration. Not sure if stresses are different on the studs or there's a much more limited life, but thats a crappy situation.

Yeah, big disappointment for me. had been looking forward to it for months. I think i know what happened though. Some time ago i had the centering rings in backwards. i don't think the wheel sat flush. When i took the other studs out a couple of them were lightly bent. I'm gonna replace all the rear wheel studs and keep an eye on them. Fail on me

What wheel? was it that drivers rear?

shhh

how did you know?

cause aaron gave me the heads up that something wasn't right with it when he was behind me a couple weeks ago.

took me till yesterday to put 2 and 2 together.

I have no one to blame but myself.

grrr.

Well i paid the price this morning for racing my car. was driving to work and both bolts that hold the engine to the motor mount are gone and my car started making a horrible noise. Luckily the mounts are still there, just need the bolts!

Welcome to the world of needing to over maintain everything.

Chris' RX-7 looses exhaust bolts / gaskets every time we go. Then again we keep telling him to put things together with thread locker and he never listens.

Welcome to the world of needing to over maintain everything.

Chris' RX-7 looses exhaust bolts / gaskets every time we go. Then again we keep telling him to put things together with thread locker and he never listens.

yea i suppose i will have to check every nut a bolt now.... or at least the important ones, you know, that hold the motor in the car!!

p.s. i like your new avatar photo