Getting tint in the summer is impossible.

Draco-REX

So Automotive Appearance Pros is only open while I work. Quality Window Tint is booking appointments in mid JULY.

Someone would make a KILLING if they worked evenings/weekends.

What other companies are reliable and have a good product? I don't want a dyed film. Got that on the Legacy and it was a waste of money. I'd like a good ceramic based tint. Mr.Tint seems to use the metal based tint which I have on the STI, but the BRZ has keyless entry and I don't want that to go screwy. Not to mention Mr. Tint's website looks like it was made by a highschooler who aspires to become a tattoo artist.

I've also had The Tint Dude recommended to me, but that website is even worse and rife with misspellings.

So any help would be appreciated. I'd rather not wait until mid July if I can avoid it. But if that's the only way to get it done properly with good product, then I will.

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the A2Z recommendations. I had completely forgotten about them. Called them up and they scheduled an appointment for this Sat. :D

One thing I find curious, this is the second tinter that tried to talk me out of the Ceramic tint and into a cheaper option. Anyone know why?

Thank you for the A2Z recommendations. I had completely forgotten about them. Called them up and they scheduled an appointment for this Sat. :D

One thing I find curious, this is the second tinter that tried to talk me out of the Ceramic tint and into a cheaper option. Anyone know why?

thats the main reason i said fuck you to quality window tint. 1. they charge too much and 2. they are always scheduling out like 3 weeks.

Yosuf does great work and does not charge nearly as much

cell/radio interference for one, and some of them have an extra shine/reflection that I think looks ghetto.

also.. some of you may be happy to know there will be a new tint company that will be a CR sponsor soon. he does good work and even has a plotter (large format cutting machine) for precision vinyl cuts to match your vehicle glass perfectly. look for detailing + tint deals from us as well.

a2z ftw. :fuckyeah:

cell/radio interference for one, and some of them have an extra shine/reflection that I think looks ghetto.

From what I understood, tint manufacturers went from the metal based tints to the ceramics to avoid those specific issues.

Though I've never encountered them in my STI.

also.. some of you may be happy to know there will be a new tint company that will be a CR sponsor soon. he does good work and even has a plotter (large format cutting machine) for precision vinyl cuts to match your vehicle glass perfectly. look for detailing + tint deals from us as well.

when's that happening? I need the rear window of my M3 done and my wife's TL. Do you know if he can get/will do the clear UV tint on the front windshield of the TL?

when's that happening? I need the rear window of my M3 done and my wife's TL. Do you know if he can get/will do the clear UV tint on the front windshield of the TL?

If you do get that done to the windshield, let me know please. I'm curious about how bad the distortion would be.

Soon. He is out of town through next week but is ready to start booking appointments after that and can do the UV tint.

Soon. He is out of town through next week but is ready to start booking appointments after that and can do the UV tint.

schweet. PM me his info if that's not breaking any rules. Otherwise I can probably wait, because knowing how my schedule is going right now I won't get to it for a couple of weeks anyway.

i wouldnt immagine its that difficult. just like applying vinyl...cut a template, cut the tint, apply with soapy water, squeegee, heat gun and an exacto knife

There are tricks to it, I'm sure. I don't want a half-assed job done, and I'm sure that's just what I'd get if I were to try and do it.

i wouldnt immagine its that difficult. just like applying vinyl...cut a template, cut the tint, apply with soapy water, squeegee, heat gun and an exacto knife

You must not see all the half assed tinted jobs daily.

I have, and will gladly pay $150-200 to have something done right that will last the life of the vehicle.

PS: Yousef FTW!

You must not see all the half assed tinted jobs daily.

I have, and will gladly pay $150-200 to have something done right that will last the life of the vehicle.

PS: Yousef FTW!

no, guess not. I'd at least try it and if it turned out shitty go pay some to do it but everyone has to start somewhere. We did all our own vinyl advertising on our track car so maybe that's where the confidence is coming from. It would take a Saturday to do and a lot of attention to detail...but there are worst ways to spend free time.

With absolutely 0 knowledge about tinting, I'd say its most likely:

A) More work

and/or

B) worse profit margin

Id love to get the camaro tinted asap and I'm only off this weekend and then 2 weeks from now. I can't decide but I thinlk I want 35% sides and back. What u guys think? I drive night time mostly but also wana protect the inside as much as possible. I have die cut kit for it off ebay its blackbox tint and was 50 bucks I think but I can't put it on and don't know if its worth a crap.

called a2z got a 130apt sat. He said 159 reg tint 209 lifetime wich is a metallic and 309 for ceramic. Mr tint did the s10 15yrs ago and its held up good. Wich is metallic. Now I need to figure out what percent would look good. Is there a site that let's u see ur car with diffrent tint