Car rental questions

I'm looking to rent a car for a trip down to NC from the 18th - 26th. I've never rented a car before and im not set on any car, just looking to spend around $300 tops. Who tends to have the best rates and selection. Any promotions going on right no for any. Just looking for some guidance.

My brother JUST (as in, yesterday) rented a car to go to FL for a week or so...had issues with the rental so me and my dad had to run over there...hes 25, and it cost him $500 and some change for the rental. on a plus note, he only asked for a fullsize car and got some "wildcard" free upgrade and got a new CTS.

I did the same for Enterprise. One state away was the rule. I drove it from SC to OH. I did this with 2 different cars on 2 occasions. They didnt bat an eye. I know... "but what if you wreck it?" That's the chance you take

On one occasion I rented a standard car (wanted a Fusion)... ended up with a fully loaded Equinox. Was pretty nice for the long trip!

DO NOT use the airport. PITFA

ps. you have a PM

Wow never thought about going through priceline for a rental car.

For work I roll with National. With emerald isle just walk up and get what you want.

A few weeks ago I rented from enterprise. We got a minivan to go to FL and it was like $200 cheaper with enterprise, plus they picked me up. Try and see if you can rent it for a week and a day instead of 8 days separate, the weekly rate is usually cheaper.

Also check with your credit card company and your car insurance. You likely should not need to pay for additional insurance.

Try and see if you can rent it for a week and a day instead of 8 days separate, the weekly rate is usually cheaper.

Every place I've ever rented from automagically goes to the weekly rate once that cost is less than the per day rate. i.e. $100/day, $450/week. Rent for 5 days and get charged the weekly rate.

I got a cruze last time I was in Oklahoma City for a death in the family at the airport booked with my fight with priceline for 85 bucks for 4 days. I had to do the airport place due to no family was free since it was so last min.