2009 Suzuki Gladius

DollFace

My budget right now is under 5K so I probably won't be going for the Gladius as it is retailing at about 7K. I can still get a 2008 SV650 for under 5K, but I think my husband is going to make me take my ninja to the track at least once before I am allowed to get a new bike :(....unless of course a whine a lot, which seems to be wearing him down :D

My budget right now is under 5K so I probably won't be going for the Gladius as it is retailing at about 7K. I can still get a 2008 SV650 for under 5K, but I think my husband is going to make me take my ninja to the track at least once before I am allowed to get a new bike :(....unless of course a whine a lot, which seems to be wearing him down :D

that always works for my wife..... :D

Found this the other day, might be what you are looking for. I've been trying to talk myself out of buying it.

http://www.rickroushmotorsports.com/inventory/listings/l0010.html

You don't see many of them, but they always got good reviews

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2005-kawasaki-z-750s-15722.html

Nice bike, but a bit out of my price range. :)

honestly I think you'd be happy with the sv.... jagr has one and seems like a well put together bike and very agile... on top of having a comfortable riding position...and for the money I don't see where you would go wrong with that as a choice...

If you want to come check mine out. Let me know.

It's not naked. It's fully faired with the lowers too. I have pics in my albums on the profile page.

Good hunting.

^^ Did I mention my budget is below $5k? I sat on an 02 sv650s and didn't like it. It seemed heavy. Is yours that way?

What didn't you like about it? SV's only weigh about 380#. I would guess the seating position, weight on your wrists. A naked might be a little better because you sit back more and your height is more centered. You should also take the S and N for a ride, not just sit on them. They are very nimble bikes!

Edited by Lost1888

There are ways around that. Helibars are a common upgrade. Some people have change the top triple to a naked triple plate to accommodate a standard bar. All with keeping the larger headlight fairing of the S.

If you keep your eye open you might be able to find a used SV in some of the surrounding states. As common as some people say they are I don't really see them for sale all that often in the area. Seems like people either keep them or think they are worth more than they really are.

So I would say be patient if it is the bike you want. Keep an eye out and look anywhere within a couple hundred miles or how ever far you will go to get one. Even consider an S with the expectation you can affordability make it exactly what you want and if you plan on doing any freeway/long distance riding get a faired S. All I can tell you is the rides on the freeway, even the best days, I get beat up and it takes a toll.

^^ oh yeah, okay. Actually sat on a FZ1 at the honda dealership in Marysville on Friday night. It was really comfortable, something I think I would enjoy riding. I also called them at Honda East and they quoted me like $5700 otd for an FZ6. But, my insurance company was not so friendly and wanted to charge me a ton cause it is new I guess. But, the sv 650 will probably be the same. Kinda looking at older bikes too.