Uncle Bobs at weddings

mrs.cos

Take note, I'm after you fuckers.

I did a wedding over the weekend where there was THREE retired wedding photographers. They stood over my damn shoulders the whole damn time.

:unamused:

http://i.imgur.com/z5NXml.jpg

That would not be handed out at my wedding or it would be a deal breaker with the photographer. So many weddings I have been to, the couples favorite picture was one not by the photographer but by friends or family.

LThen they hired the wrong photographer

Please understand tha for me, it's the during the wedding and the cake cutting and first dance stuff that this is the issue. I don't know any wedding photographer who doesnt have a "no other pros" clause in thier contract (I'm sure there are those that don't but most i have dealt with I the last 10 years do). The proliferation of the consumer camera has Been a great thing but when you have are hired to do a seeing and the brides uncle bobs flash goes off during the kiss the moment you take a photo and that photo is ruined by in your own camera, explaining to the bride why she just paid you thousands and you don't have that all importan photo because uncle bobs flash ruined it doesn't fly.

Your photographer is hired to catch all these important photos. I discuss this with every bride I talk to. I saw on Facebook yesterday another photographer say he was at a wedding with 100% attendees taking photos during the wedding...

That would not be handed out at my wedding or it would be a deal breaker with the photographer. So many weddings I have been to, the couples favorite picture was one not by the photographer but by friends or family.

Each couple/family will have the ability to make their own decision thus I would imagine Trish is offering this as a suggestion to her clients.

Traditional Ettique is that guest should not be taking pictures during the ceremony. Many churches do not allow flash pictures and the reality is as a guest will be causing a disturbance to the ceremony. The professional photographer is the only one who should be taking pictures and he/she will know the rules of the church or event center.

Now it does happen that Aunt Jane and Good Friend Joe will snap some cell shots, etc. You can't help it, but IMO as long as they don't use flash and aren't interfering with the photographer that's something everyone can tolerate. I've not see it be an issue.

For our wedding, the photographer went over this with us.. And we were fine with it..

Not a deal breaker for us... As we paid the photographer $$$$ for the photo's, not family...

Although I think if someone was breathing down my neck watching my every move, I would start playing dumb... In a whisper voice "Hey I just got this camera last week.. do you know how to adjust exposure? What does this button do?" :lol:

Although I think if someone was breathing down my neck watching my every move, I would start playing dumb... In a whisper voice "Hey I just got this camera last week.. do you know how to adjust exposure? What does this button do?" :lol:

Holy shitsnacks, why didnt i think of that!

:lolguy: