Spring Dyno Day results!

CBRzach

some sucks on that dyno like mikes r1 it has a R and D race cut tranny witch u CANT use the motor to slow the dyno down thats why it took so long for him to slow it down. they cut the shit down so far that he can foot shift the bike and not cut gas. but makes the dogs really thin on the gears

fucking crazy, yeah mark went with 2nd gear cut back or something stock rods and je pistions no spray didnt even no what the bike made... got to 80% throttle tuning then she got blow by really bad took her back to joe holt and one of the pistions where mealted really bad...got her rebuilt before bike week took it there over heated once...lol damn 1397's

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

08 gsxr 1000, level one racing slip on, pc3

164.9hp

77.97 torque

Still needs some tuning, running lean!

I am noticing that the new liter bikes seem to outpace mine as far as horsepower, but they lack the torque mine has.

fucking crazy, yeah mark went with 2nd gear cut back or something stock rods and je pistions no spray didnt even no what the bike made... got to 80% throttle tuning then she got blow by really bad took her back to joe holt and one of the pistions where mealted really bad...got her rebuilt before bike week took it there over heated once...lol damn 1397's
thats why i would never take my bike down there hell i dont even ride it here if its over 87 here

CBRs1krr arent know as powerhouses for hp, they make some decent torque but they are the better handling bike out of the 1ks

True, but I have never seen quite this large a disparity. I'll have to pull up some articles to review what the mags got for H.P comparisons.

I took a quick look at my mags the numbers appear about right. For 2007 the Honda was next to last for H.P. The R-1 was last. The Suzuki was a tad ahead of the Kawi.

Honda posted about 157 hp.

some of them make 150ish in stock form with some free mods but most make that with a slip on or a PC3.

some of them make 150ish in stock form with some free mods but most make that with a slip on or a PC3.

We'll see once I've dynoed my beast......

Worst case I buy a ZX-14.. dyno it and say it was my CBR...leaving everyone to wonder what the heck my mods were.

thats why i would never take my bike down there hell i dont even ride it here if its over 87 here

i feel's his old built never went past halfway mark but im ready to hit the street's lol frebis...lol

you got a badass bike man........hows it handle lowered like that?

Thanks, It is one inch in the rear and one inch in the front. It handles better than stock. I tried it 3in in the rear and almost 2in the front but it seemed to not like the twisties any more and drug the exhaust a couple times, so i put it back to 1 and 1.

Thanks, It is one inch in the rear and one inch in the front. It handles better than stock. I tried it 3in in the rear and almost 2in the front but it seemed to not like the twisties any more and drug the exhaust a couple times, so i put it back to 1 and 1.

I've been thinking of lowering mine but have mixed feelings as everyone says it could hurt handling. You seem to be indicating otherwise. What did you use?

We'll see once I've dynoed my beast......

Worst case I buy a ZX-14.. dyno it and say it was my CBR...leaving everyone to wonder what the heck my mods were.

I have a lot of plans for my 2008 this year that I can't wait to see the affects of. Of course as long as I can afford all the parts I want this year. :lol: