took the civic out testing at ntr

bads2k

testing out new boost controller on first pass. not bad considering no data from this controller yet. very promising considering what the logs looked like. once i get boost where it needs to be in first and 2nd short track will drop a lot. i let off twice on this pass in first and 2nd gear to calm it down.

yeah 9.91@152...119mph to the 1/8. that pass was a 4.42 330'. i've been 4.2 before so i got the controller setup where it should be now so should be ready next time out. really hoping to go 4.0-4.1 330' and 6.2x 1/8 we will see.

yeah 9.91@152...119mph to the 1/8. that pass was a 4.42 330'. i've been 4.2 before so i got the controller setup where it should be now so should be ready next time out. really hoping to go 4.0-4.1 330' and 6.2x 1/8 we will see.

Nice-

MY FWD junk was going 7.0 in the 1/8th, and 10.4@151. That was on 29psi! Makes me want to try FWD again.......

Had the ams...don't get me wrong I liked it but wasn't the most user friendly to setup quicky between passes. I'm on the msd 7562 which is basically the same direction the ams is with co2 it's just laptop controlled and also datalogger. It's time based Also like the ams...oh and a lot cheaper

Had the ams...don't get me wrong I liked it but wasn't the most user friendly to setup quicky between passes. I'm on the msd 7562 which is basically the same direction the ams is with co2 it's just laptop controlled and also datalogger. It's time based Also like the ams...oh and a lot cheaper

AMS1000 I assume?

Yeah ams1000. It's easier to graph what boost and where exactly you want it on the msd since it's on the laptop instead of a 3" screen that's all push button. Drag and click. Connect the dots pretty much

Interesting that these boost controller companies are running the co2. With these mac valves and their algebraic formula for inductive reactance they lag until then end of the rpm. I notice people are running the co2 to get them to a desired target, Hondata wrote software to hold the waste gate shut with a solenoid until you reach a target psi then it would creep to the final few psi. Hence the quick spool feature on Josh's integra.

Interesting that these boost controller companies are running the co2. With these mac valves and their algebraic formula for inductive reactance they lag until then end of the rpm. I notice people are running the co2 to get them to a desired target, Hondata wrote software to hold the waste gate shut with a solenoid until you reach a target psi then it would creep to the final few psi. Hence the quick spool feature on Josh's integra.

using co2 is just replacing the manifold pressure. except the pressure is always being applied to the solenoids not having to wait for manifold pressure to build up. when you set the boost controller to run 30psi weither it be at a certain gear/time/rpm it's always there. spool time is faster, holds boost more steady than manifold pressure, and you can run the lowest spring pressure you can and still run pretty much as much boost as you want. running a small spring on the wg off manifold pressure and you won't see as much max boost so you would have to run a higher wg spring then you run into issues controlling traction off the launch and in lower gears. after running co2 and getting it dialed in you won't want to change back.

I understand and agree and also learned something. But you do know the 4 port mac solenoids can handle 4-5x the spring rate vs the 3-4x the normal 3 port solenoid (the one aem, hondata, greddy etc all sell). This allows you to run a small spring also. I wouldnt mind looking more into the co2 kits etc. there isnt much info on that msd kit you are running.

yeah the 4 ports are a lot better but the boost is there quicker and holds steadier with co2. no need to wait for manifold pressure.

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/RPM/Timing_Controls/RPM_Controls/7562_-_Programmable_Launch_Boost_Controller.aspx

go down toward the bottom and you can download the pro data software. instructions,wiring,editor is all on it under help menu. Really the only thing that takes a bit settin up are the PID's