electrical/plumbing gurus ITT

AWW$HEEET

Ok so I got murdered on my water bill last month. Used 11000 gallons watering my lawn, mainly because I'm an idiot and have never paid a water bill before.

But there's good news! I have a well that's not hooked up!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=421&pictureid=6340

Ok so I plan on bypassing my meter w this bitch. I have 3 spigots outside, will probably hook the well water up to 2 or 3 of em. I have a few concerns.

1. The plumbing will probably be easy for me, but that line into the house is pvc, and the piping is copper. How do I join pvc and copper? Some kind of adapter?

2. I have a red wire and a black. They are larger gauge wire, how to I get power from my house to power these? Are they 220? Can I just create some kinda plug and plug em in? If someone can show me, id even make you the proud new owner of a 12 pack of bud light. I don't know shit about wiring and I already electrocuted myself uninstalling some light fixtures.

Thanks in advance.

Ok so I got murdered on my water bill last month. Used 11000 gallons watering my lawn, mainly because I'm an idiot and have never paid a water bill before.

But there's good news! I have a well that's not hooked up!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=421&pictureid=6340

Ok so I plan on bypassing my meter w this bitch. I have 3 spigots outside, will probably hook the well water up to 2 or 3 of em. I have a few concerns.

1. The plumbing will probably be easy for me, but that line into the house is pvc, and the piping is copper. How do I join pvc and copper? Some kind of adapter?

2. I have a red wire and a black. They are larger gauge wire, how to I get power from my house to power these? Are they 220? Can I just create some kinda plug and plug em in? If someone can show me, id even make you the proud new owner of a 12 pack of bud light. I don't know shit about wiring and I already electrocuted myself uninstalling some light fixtures.

Thanks in advance.

First question, why is there a well and is it still good? As for the plumbing they make some really neat connectors at home depot, just go to the plumbing aisle and you will see them, they connect PVC to copper, you just have to know the OD of the pipe. As for the electrical, how far is the connection from your elect box?

First question, why is there a well and is it still good? As for the plumbing they make some really neat connectors at home depot, just go to the plumbing aisle and you will see them, they connect PVC to copper, you just have to know the OD of the pipe. As for the electrical, how far is the connection from your elect box?

The well is there because I bet they were forced at some point to go to city water. The box is across the room, but there is a smaller secondary box closer, like 10 feet away that seems dedicated to the water heater. It may have been used at one point for the well, I don't know.

As for if the well is good or not, that's a risk I'm willing to take. I have no idea if it is.

The well is there because I bet they were forced at some point to go to city water. The box is across the room, but there is a smaller secondary box closer, like 10 feet away that seems dedicated to the water heater. It may have been used at one point for the well, I don't know.

As for if the well is good or not, that's a risk I'm willing to take. I have no idea if it is.

You can check water district area for your address. It can give you all the info on your well if you want to look.

. How do I join pvc and copper? Some kind of adapter?

Thanks in advance.

Do you even know what those wires run to? Im guessing a pump of some sort?

p.s. plz don't fuck around with 220.

My dad works on water wells. If you want you can call him at 740-928-5826. Before you hook up anything you need to make sure the well hasn't been sealed off or your just wasting effort. You will probably need a pump wire and pipe, whole in well system.

So is the pressure tank still there? I know lots of people who get city water and leave their wells hooked up for exactly what you want. I bet it was abondoned for a reason.

If you'd like to jump some power to the wires and see if something happens I'll come over, sounds like a good laugh at the least.

So is the pressure tank still there? I know lots of people who get city water and leave their wells hooked up for exactly what you want. I bet it was abondoned for a reason.

If you'd like to jump some power to the wires and see if something happens I'll come over, sounds like a good laugh at the least.

reynoldsburg says you have to abandon the well if you hook up to city water unless you pay some stupidly high yearly fee for having a non metered water source hooked up. :dumb:

reynoldsburg says you have to abandon the well if you hook up to city water unless you pay some stupidly high yearly fee for having a non metered water source hooked up. :dumb:

this is true for most city water providers. its because they don't want to risk having the well water contaminate the city water with your shitty well water. if you do hook this up and get caught Gabe there are some serious repurcussions i believe.

this is true for most city water providers. its because they don't want to risk having the well water contaminate the city water with your shitty well water. if you do hook this up and get caught Gabe there are some serious repurcussions i believe.

i dont know what a pressure tank is. i think there was probably a mandate to move to city water at one point. i know my parents were forced to about 20 yrs ago when we lived in blacklick.

LOL fee. Its on my property, come at me, city. errr.... township.

It's prob cpvc correct? Got to home depot and look for shark bite couplings. They just slide one and will join copper and cpvc.

i used sharkbites on my shower. i am fairly familiar with em. idk what cpvc is, i am thinking some kinda equivalent to pvc.

0 fucks given. the sources will be segregated. and if you are talking about the runoff from my well going to the sewer, consider this: you have people like SWMBO putting her nasty piss and period blood juice into the same sewer. i think that is the least of their worries.

The first step is to test that pump. However if it has gone un used for 20 years it is probably frozen and is at least a grand to replace. Do you know where the pump is in the yard? It might help to just pull it up and look it over. I had one go bad at my barn last year and had to pull it up. You may not even have a pump at the end of those wires.........

I assume it's a submersible pump? Do you know how deep the well is? You might want to research pulling a well pump if you really want to pull it out. It can be a pain in the ass, especially if you have a deep well. I think it's the ODNR website where you can find the well log for your property that among other things tells the depth of the well.

A pressure tank is a big round tank probably around the size (maybe smaller) than your hot water tank. One of the well lines will go into this. Also you should have a well control box on the wall near the wires. Mine has a 220v line to the breaker box, and another to the pressure switch on the water line. It sounds like you're missing some parts, but the expensive one is the well pump if it's toast.

DONT PULL ON THE WIRES!!! there should also be a pipe that will connect to the pump. If you pull on the wires they can pull out of the pump. You will need a long pipe with threads to get to the adapter, its about 3 feet down.

A pressure tank is a big round tank probably around the size (maybe smaller) than your hot water tank. One of the well lines will go into this. Also you should have a well control box on the wall near the wires. Mine has a 220v line to the breaker box, and another to the pressure switch on the water line. It sounds like you're missing some parts, but the expensive one is the well pump if it's toast.

ive been finding well pumps online for like around $250.

ive been finding well pumps online for like around $250.

I sure hope for your sake cheap online well pumps aren't like cheap online alternators/water pumps/ etc. The well pumps I see at TSC are closer to $300ish, but I don't know if they're any good. Add a cheapo craigslist pressure tank + controller and see what happens.