Exotic Monkeys in Ohio?

Exodus

I'll ask my wife. She is the only person in the State of Ohio who handles the licenses for any animal. I dont believe the new laws have gone in to effect yet but you will wanna make sure that you fall in line with them. Once they pass everyone has to fall in line with them.

She is gonna check her list at work regarding that particular monkey. I guess there are different reqirements based on what kind it is. Also the new exotic pet laws have been signed but do not go to legislation until Sept. You cant get grandfathered in though. You will have to make sure your compliant with the new law so when it does hit, they wont force you to get rid of it. l will have more info for ya on Monday.

She is gonna check her list at work regarding that particular monkey. I guess there are different reqirements based on what kind it is. Also the new exotic pet laws have been signed but do not go to legislation until Sept. You cant get grandfathered in though. You will have to make sure your compliant with the new law so when it does hit, they wont force you to get rid of it. l will have more info for ya on Monday.

Awesome, thank you and your wife very much for looking into this.

So here is the deal. As of now, all you need is is to have a health certificate issued by a vet. Then you need to call the state to get a permit number. Now if this new law passes in September, it will go in to effect on 1/2014. Then it gets tricky. You have to pay a 500.00 a year fee, you have to carry 250k in Insurance and you will need to prove that you have 2 years of experience with the animal.

So here is the deal. As of now, all you need is is to have a health certificate issued by a vet. Then you need to call the state to get a permit number. Now if this new law passes in September, it will go in to effect on 1/2014. Then it gets tricky. You have to pay a 500.00 a year fee, you have to carry 250k in Insurance and you will need to prove that you have 2 years of experience with the animal.

Thanks for the info.

I'm guessing this is the loophole to prevent anyone from ever being able to get exotic pets that haven't already had them. Short of working at a zoo, how are you suppose to get that experience?

It can't be that hard to get a license because there's a piece of shit white trash family here in London that has about 10 spider monkeys

What you lookin' at, Popeye?

Chip, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!

Chip, I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!