Sky over Columbus/Worthington at apprx. 2:36am...

oh8sti

I was awake when this happened, didn't hear/see shit.

If you were indoors you probably wouldn't have heard much in UA. Also depends on the direction you were facing. I was facing dead-east looking out across the lake (bad-azz view :p) while another group of people partying across the lake were facing West, you could tell they didn't see a thing. Once the explosion got to the Westside it was more or less like a giant bolt of lightning, if you weren't watching it all go down you more or less would have wrote it off as car accident down the street or something. The crazyiest thing was watching the initial explosion, (being like "WHAT IN THE FACK") then like 3 seconds later seeing some huge fire ball, THEN, like after another 3 seconds "BOOOOOM".

The delay from the time the sky lit up to the time I heard the "BOOM" was probably the scariest part of the whole ordeal. Outside of a big-fucking-bomb there simply isn't much else that can produce an effect like that...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Telling you right now whatever was in that tanker was seriously hazardous shit.

When I saw it, I thought it was a bomb too. Absolutely the biggest explosion I have even seen. The clouds seem to have absorbed a lot of the color and made it larger than it really was, but from my angle it was the whole span of the southern sky.

the whole span of the southern sky.

Yea thats what got me, like I've seen explosions on the news n shit, but outside of a Nuclear Bomb (and that footage I posted of the other train derailment/explosion) I've never, ever, seen anything light up the entire horizon like that, shit was unreal.

Yea thats what got me, like I've seen explosions on the news n shit, but outside of a Nuclear Bomb (and that footage I posted of the other train derailment/explosion) I've never, ever, seen anything light up the entire horizon like that, shit was unreal.

I almost felt dumb posting about it lol I though people would think I'm crazy and that it was a UFO or something gay. It was really cool to watch. Scared the shit outta me cause I pulled over and took cover. Lol

I almost felt dumb posting about it lol I though people would think I'm crazy and that it was a UFO or something gay. It was really cool to watch. Scared the shit outta me cause I pulled over and took cover. Lol

The more I thought about the magnitude of the explosion the more concerned I got.

Didn't head towards the flames to find out what was going on...

Didn't Google it...

Didn't Call Anyone...

Hopped on CR and found the info I was looking for in seconds :thumbup:

Telling you right now whatever was in that tanker was seriously hazardous shit.

This is why people get over scared about things like this. Do you know what it was? Do you know why it was "seriously hazardous" other than it's flammable? Come on. Flammable, yes. Hazardous, not really unless a huge amount explodes. To be considered "seriously hazardous" it will have to have the potential to be extremely harmful to people/living things without going through some reaction first. Just saying.

Either way, this shit is nuts and would have been a hell of a sight to see.

I just read the article on NBC4. They referred to styrene as a nerve agent.....jesus. These people fucking kill me. I work with styrene on a daily basis and yes, it could potentially effect the nervous system if exposure was high, but that doesn't classify it as a nerve agent. Fucking stupid.

I just read the article on NBC4. They referred to styrene as a nerve agent.....jesus. These people fucking kill me. I work with styrene on a daily basis and yes, it could potentially effect the nervous system if exposure was high, but that doesn't classify it as a nerve agent. Fucking stupid.

Yet people still think everything they see on the news is true and do not question it...

This is why people get over scared about things like this. Do you know what it was? Do you know why it was "seriously hazardous" other than it's flammable? Come on. Flammable, yes. Hazardous, not really unless a huge amount explodes. To be considered "seriously hazardous" it will have to have the potential to be extremely harmful to people/living things without going through some reaction first. Just saying.

Either way, this shit is nuts and would have been a hell of a sight to see.

-Happy now- (Even though I consider things that make explosions like Nuclear bombs hazardous but I see where you're coming from: not necc. hazardous to human health)

Telling you right now whatever was in that tanker was seriously volatile shit

-Happy now- (Even though I consider things that make explosions like Nuclear bombs hazardous but I see where you're coming from: not necc. hazardous to human health)

I wasn't unhappy, it's just that the general public makes assumptions based on news reports that are false and innacurrate. This leads to mass hysteria, not saying that this did, that isn't necessary. Sad thing is that it's all for exposure and ratings.