Rockstar Collection -50%: 49.99

Paradox Interactive Collection -82%: 49.99

Star Wars Collection -50%: 49.99

2K Collection -77%: 49.99

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I effin love Steam sales. Sadly, they lost my business on Bioshock and Bioshock 2 as Amazon had them bundled a couple weeks ago for $7.50.

Eagerly awaiting Arma II: Combined Ops + DayZ for big discount.

Wow that mod looks like a lot of fun. Anyone here playing that mod? Might be fun to fire up a Vent server and get a bandit group going.

I might wait till I see it go on a daily deal.

So far I have LA Noire, Portal 2, & The Walking Dead games to keep me occupied. But every YouTube video I watch of that damn DayZ makes me want to buy it.

Add me on steam MiDe84

Wow that mod looks like a lot of fun. Anyone here playing that mod? Might be fun to fire up a Vent server and get a bandit group going.

I might wait till I see it go on a daily deal.

So far I have LA Noire, Portal 2, & The Walking Dead games to keep me occupied. But every YouTube video I watch of that damn DayZ makes me want to buy it.

Add me on steam MiDe84

why would you pay for a single player game.. just go download it.

At first I didn't think your comment needed a reply… maybe you were joking or something.. but in any case…

Skyrim -- Having the game, saves, etc in my steam library is worth it. Not matter which computer I am on I have access to all my data. I do not have to worry about backing up the game files or keeping track of the discs.*

Skyrim Mods: There are many 3rd party game modifications for Skyrim. Some are multiplayer. Will they work with a pirated copy? Maybe but having a legit one erases that chance.

RAGE -- I like Carmac and the game engines he builds. RAGE has multiplayer anyway.

KOTOR -- I know nothing about this game but I keep seeing positive reviews and comments to this day about it. At 2.50 why the hell not.

*saved game data backup functionality via steam servers varies by game

why would you pay for a single player game.. just go download it.

Because Valve is, IMO, the only company that truly understands the video game market and I want to give them my money to show them that I support their way of doing business.

It boils down to the question "Why do you pirate games?"

For a long time, my answer was multidimensional;

-I can't afford $60/game.

-Even when I can afford it, I'm not sure I'll like it and I don't want to pay for something I can't return.

-It's easier to pirate a game because of shitty DRM.

-Even if I do like it, I'm not sure I'll play it again and with a digital download, I can't just sell it to a friend/gamestop/whoever when I'm done with it.

Over time, Valve was the only boardroom that got together and asked "How do we tackle these issues to make our method of selling the marketplace more attractive than piracy?" instead of what all the other companies did which was more along the lines of "How do we make it impossible to pirate our games?"

Some reasons I spend my money on Steam:

-Affordability. Most of the games I play are on sale...and it seems they are so permanently.

-Minimal DRM. I can usually uninstall/reinstall games as many times as I want on as many different computers (I have 2, Steam allows up to 5 I think) as I want.

-Community-based and expansive inclusion of 3rd-party mods being embraced and increasingly popular.

In short, I want this model of business to succeed, so I will do whatever I can to tell them to keep doing what they're doing.