New Pool in Franklinton?

zeitgeist57

http://www.columbusunderground.com/new-dodge-pool-in-franklinton-is-a-hit-this-summer

I drive through Franklinton every day for work, and I have to admit that area is definitely a great location for a rebirth, given it's proximity to downtown, some cool industrial/commercial complexes ripe for redevelopment, and totally depopulated.

But, we're still overdue for a 100-year flood, and WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM?

UA put in a very nice waterpark, which cost us taxpayers to make and it's $160 a season for a family membership. Who is subsidizing this pool if it's free, with a $1 Parks and Rec card?

UA put in a very nice waterpark, which cost us taxpayers to make and it's $160 a season for a family membership. Who is subsidizing this pool if it's free, with a $1 Parks and Rec card?

Those staff and maintenance costs don't come from thin air...

Lets say 500 families sign up for the summer membership. Thats $80,000. If the pool has, say 4 employees on duty at all times, making 7.25 an hour, and the pool is open from 10am to 8 or 9pm, thats 319$ a day just in wages. That comes to just short of 40k for the year. Lets not forget the cost of chemicals to keep the water clean, electricity to power the lights, pumps etc. not to mention winterization and dewinterization. Dont forget landscaping, insurance, and general repairs to the facility.

So what im saying is, 160 bucks a family really isnt that bad...

Those staff and maintenance costs don't come from thin air...

Lets say 500 families sign up for the summer membership. Thats $80,000. If the pool has, say 4 employees on duty at all times, making 7.25 an hour, and the pool is open from 10am to 8 or 9pm, thats 319$ a day just in wages. That comes to just short of 40k for the year. Lets not forget the cost of chemicals to keep the water clean, electricity to power the lights, pumps etc. not to mention winterization and dewinterization. Dont forget landscaping, insurance, and general repairs to the facility.

So what im saying is, 160 bucks a family really isnt that bad...

I'm not complaining about UA (I don't have a pool membership)...I'm complaining that a brand new pool being staffed is FREE, with a $1 card membership good elsewhere.

Don't tell me they make their money selling $1 popsicles either...:)

I'll trade you your $160/yr bill for our $400 Dublin Pool Pass costs. Now granted we have two very nice pool locations and several waterparks, but I too wish it was only a $1.

Interesting for sure.

Edited by TTQ B4U

I'm not complaining about UA (I don't have a pool membership)...I'm complaining that a brand new pool being staffed is FREE, with a $1 card membership good elsewhere.

Don't tell me they make their money selling $1 popsicles either...:)

Don't forget the inevitable massive settlement payout when someone's kid drowns/comes close to drowning because of staffer negligence.

But, we're still overdue for a 100-year flood

LOL. I know right.

I have had to ATTEMPT to do some architectural work in the area, but zoning is quick to shoot down almost everything because of that flood plain.... You can only upgrade a percentage of the worth of the property without major zoning variances.... and we all know everything down there ain't worth jack!

/rant

LOL. I know right.

I have had to ATTEMPT to do some architectural work in the area, but zoning is quick to shoot down almost everything because of that flood plain.... You can only upgrade a percentage of the worth of the property without major zoning variances.... and we all know everything down there ain't worth jack!

/rant

They need to take a note from Everglades City, as well as my other swampy neighbors in SW Florida: Go vertical with a concrete slab and pillars to elevate the living space, then use the ground level as non-living garage/storage space.

http://blog.topsider.com/wp-content/uploads/Topsider_Double_Pedestal_House_Virgin_Islands.jpg

Flood comes along? Zero Farkhs Given.

Uhhh, the 'emergency' income tax increase Coleman passed two years ago? P.S. Stay tuned for more free stuff. It's a great thing to spend other people's money.

Obama/Coleman. Would make a hell of a ticket eh? :dumb: