Network hardware options needed

Murse

Hey guys I'm looking for options for the network at my wife's shop. I was wondering if I should run it like I do at the house or is there something cheaper. I run the Airport Extreme base station and a couple of Airport Express' access points at one end and upstairs.

For the shop I need a base station, the WiFi on the Uverse only supports WEP, but we need an access point up front with a NIC and USB slot for networked reciept printer and cashdrawer.

I know the Express is only campatible with the Extreme but are there other access point/base stations out there that may be cheaper and even be Wireless N?

Do you k ow how to set it all up/ maintain or fix it if it goes down? I ask because I don't know about all the networking but my dad builds servers and does the network setups for a living. He built and setup autbach automotive.

Yeah I can manage it all but I'm just looking for other options, other than Apple. Don't get me wrong, I have every apple product and love their stuff, but this doesn't have to be apple and we are trying to not spend too much.

Nothing against it but i don't go near Apple. You could get a uverse to netgear adapt an wire it to yoir stations but I guess it all depends on what will work with your cash drawer etc that will determined your cost on what is actually comparable