Nelson Ledges Track Day

wagner

My son forgot his camera so thanks for the pictures.The RX8 looks great. lol

I would have stayed for the Open Track at 4pm but was running out of fuel 5 minutes into the last run. I averaged a great 8.8 mpg. On track I drove 97.6 miles. So you do get a lot of track time and I would have had another hour of driving if it was not for running low on gas.

Edited by speedytang

I just looked at all the pictures and I was hoping you had one of the Bistro. I told my wife about it and it was a great laugh. When they kept saying the Food Court and the Bistro I just kept think of the Mall. lol. It was fun and would like to make it for the Oct 27th Fun Day but it is so hard to get off on a Saturday.

Will do again, love all the pics Waggs. I'd like to see the raw GoPro footage even if you don't want to post it.

I will post it, just need to take a look at it and see how to deal with it. There is 40 mins of footage there....

Man you took a lot of pictures. Thanks.

Yeah I had no idea until I went to pull them from the SD card and there were 1,600 total before I got rid of the crap ones.

I really like this picture but it sparks the debate that my friends and I have been having. Looks cool to hang that inside tire but 4 tires on the ground is always quicker than 3. I was going to adjust the rear bar to get a little more roll control at the back but the car is already soo balanced that I hate to dick with it. The real answer is probably another 100lbs of rear spring rate AND getting rid of the 150lb helper springs and just running the main spring in the rear.

http://waggz.smugmug.com/Cars/Nelson-Ledges-7-21-Group-A/i-4DWG6Gm/0/L/IMG0791-L.jpg

I would have stayed for the Open Track at 4pm but was running out of fuel 5 minutes into the last run. I averaged a great 8.8 mpg. On track I drove 97.6 miles.

If it makes you feel better I used 30 gallons of gas to go 140-ish miles on the track...rotaries just need to bring their own gas cans! (or borrow some).

I really like this picture but it sparks the debate that my friends and I have been having. Looks cool to hang that inside tire but 4 tires on the ground is always quicker than 3. I was going to adjust the rear bar to get a little more roll control at the back but the car is already soo balanced that I hate to dick with it. The real answer is probably another 100lbs of rear spring rate AND getting rid of the 150lb helper springs and just running the main spring in the rear.

I say leave it. The only car that was faster than you there (and barely at that) was the full race-prepped and stripped Boss 302 mustang...I wouldn't sweat it.

If it makes you feel better I used 30 gallons of gas to go 140-ish miles on the track...rotaries just need to bring their own gas cans! (or borrow some).

I say leave it. The only car that was faster than you there (and barely at that) was the full race-prepped and stripped Boss 302 mustang...I wouldn't sweat it.

are you sure that mustang was faster than him? he looked slower IMO

uhhh...maybe you missed the session where I went out and got the tires hot...then pitted and waited for that car, came out behind him, hunted him down and passed him....carrying a passenger in my car.

I got back to the pits and Jason was standing there with a big grin on his face and said "You did that intentionally didn't you?"

:D

...but I'm always looking for ways to go quicker.

Edited by AudiOn19s