Weddign Photographer being sued for 300K (blackmail?)

mrs.cos

Gary Fong posted this, and as much of an asshole he is, this is truly intriguing, imho.

Photographer and entrepreneur Gary Fong was recently contacted by a wedding photographer who found himself in a pickle: after doing a “great job” (in Fong’s opinion) in shooting a wedding, he received a menacing letter from the couple threatening him with a $300,000 lawsuit. The video above shows Fong reading the letter — which sounds an awful lot like blackmail — and explaining some of the mistakes made by the photographer. The main takeaway: always sign a contract!

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/07/24/wedding-photographer-threatened-with-300000-lawsuit/

Gary Fong is the creater of the the LightSphere.

I dislike him because on his facebook page he constantly tears down "newbie" photographers, instead of you know.. maybe teaching them.. its my own personal opinion. Hes terribly talented.. just.. a prick, even watching the video, you can see bits of it spewing out him (while for a change its deserved from what we know of hte situation)

He also is part of Pictage.

rotatingbanner7.gif

I doubt the guy who wrote the letter is a lawyer. If so, he will likely be fired from his firm and if the firm as a whole isn't he will likely be reprimanded by the bar association and possibly disbarred. One can hope it's actually on letter head. I'm with Gary on many of his points. LOL at his hand gestures too.

Lastly, who the hell posts 1000's of images? WOW. I'm surprised the photog even gave them that many. My God, the key is not to do that.

Gary doesn't actually bother me. I use several pieces of his gear and it works. His arrogance comes with the field in many ways. You just have to selectively dismiss it.

Gary doesn't actually bother me. I use several pieces of his gear and it works. His arrogance comes with the field in many ways. You just have to selectively dismiss it.

Dont get me wrong, i own a lightsphere myself.. but i still think he's an asshole.

If so, he will likely be fired from his firm and if the firm as a whole isn't he will likely be reprimanded by the bar association and possibly disbarred. One can hope it's actually on letter head.

Yup. I think the idiot just royally fucked himself, because he was trying to be a cheap skate and thought he could get his photos for free from intimidation.

Countersue. Show letter to judge along with FB screenshots. :fuckyeah: