Got a new laptop today

blake1221

im going to try it, seems to be ok so far. I just havent heard many good things about it.....then again maybe im drinking the green "apple" koolaid!!!

It really is a decent OS. It might not be terribly good for enterprise use, as Casper is often quick to point out because of its several compatibility issues and whatnot, but for the typical home user it's really good. I've been using it since September with absolutely no issues, and I really like some of the features it has over XP. That being said, I do have a pretty beefy rig and I personally wouldn't even bother using it over XP on a laptop that wasn't rather high-end.

Ubuntu Satanic Edition for the win... I have a triple install, one Linux Ubuntu SE, one full XP Pro and a stripped and cracked version with the kernel running in RAM for... eh, fucking around... (not including virtual machines or network machines.... heheheh)

Blake, I have what you need. Every version of Windows ever except Vista and multiple keys for each. (I had the new Win 7 Beta a month before it was released.....) I can strip your old Win Key and use it if you have a legal install running somewhere, or use a pirated key if you don't have a valid one.

Slipstream SP3 right in and use an unattended install.... One disk, two clicks, and 30 windows minutes later you have a full install ready to go. Call me when you get a chance and I will prep one for you tailored to your particular needs. I already have several custom slipstream images prepared, I can probably just swap a key out and toss you one of those.

vista is fine... all the problems people were reporting have been taken care of

so much in fact that windows 7 is based on vista

I see you bought the brainwashing, eh comrade?

Vista still blows, the problem is inherent in how the OS works.... Vista must run all 32 bit applications in 64 bit, it can't run 32 bit in 32 bits. (confused yet?) Since almost EVERY program you use is still 32 bit, that means XP is faster unless you are running 64 bit applications such as AutoCad or some other industrial programs. (and a few newer high-end games that won't likely run on the video card of your laptop anyway...) Or if you really MUST use more than 3GB of RAM. (3.5 but XP only recognizes 3.... blah blah blah)

As for 7, well, they CLAIMED it would run faster than XP because of technical voodoo that I can't spout off the top of my head regarding how it executes a 32 bit program. You can look up the details, but the important part is that it still benchmarks slower, all other things being equal, on 32 bit apps. It is only repackaged Vista, a desperate move by Microsatan to dodge all the bad press about their shitty ass OS that was originally supposed to be released 9 years ago as Longhorn, but wasn't because it was too fucked up...

Vista licks donkey balls, I feel bad for the poor bastards that need to use it. I'm sticking with XP until Windows properly un-fucks their OS... which is probably never, unfortuntely. More likely I will just hold out until more apps are Linux friendly and delete the microsoft virus for good.... I have friends that won't even let Windows products run native on their machines. When they need to run a Microsoft app or prog that won't run in Linux or Mac, they only allow it to run on emulated virtual machines through VMware running in Linux or OSX.... Kinda like they way you would handle the Ebola virus through a glove box wilst wearing a hazmat suit....