Where to have hitch installed?

mrs.cos

Rocks Trailers in Grove City does them. There is also an RV place on westerville and Morse that does them. Sorry I cant remember the name.

Are you thinking of Post's?

I'd recommend a CR sponser first, like Pick-ups Plus.

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Subaru/Outback+Wagon/2005/36334.html?vehicleid=20055750

$171 for 1 1/4" 300/3500lb rating

$182 for 2" 400/4000lb rating

Both say 3/10 install difficulty and 30 min. install

First link I checked and says it bolts in. No drilling/welding required. Comes with instructions, tech support, etc.

I ordered my last one from JCWhitney. Delivered in 2 days and installed on a 20 year old van in 1.5 hours (including wiring). All very easy and doing it myself saved me 65% of the uHaul quoted price. Wiring is easy too... With the internet, you can find a youtube video with step by step instructions. Good luck!

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Subaru/Outback+Wagon/2005/36334.html?vehicleid=20055750

$171 for 1 1/4" 300/3500lb rating

$182 for 2" 400/4000lb rating

Get the 2", then you can not only put a tow ball on there, but the receiver will take a BBQ, car rack, dead deer rack, whatever. Even if your car can only tow 1500lbs.

I agree to support Pick Ups Plus. I got my hitch at Uhaul (before I joined here) and put it in myself. No drilling, took about 30 min, super easy.

Wiring can be hard. My Element had a plug inside for a tow wire harness. My old truck did not. Element took 5 minutes once I figured out how to get the interior panel off. Truck took more like 20-30 min. Add another $25-$40 for the wire kit.

All said and done, $220 in parts plus labor. Yours or someone else.

Then a decent 4x8 trailer is going to be $500 (used) - $800 (new).

What were you expecting the price to be?

PUPs was the most expensive of all the places i called. (WITH our discount)

I don't know what i am going to do now.. 350-400$ is not what i had in mind when i started thinking about doing this.

+1 on them being the most expensive.

When we did this to my wife's van, I ended up ordering from U-haul, and installing myself. Everything bolts in, but i did have to buy a tap to clean out the bolt holes. Wiring took less than 10 minutes.

Tom