Need CCW pistol advice

Rustlestiltskin

I've tried searching this gun section and for some reason I can't.

What are some opinions on what caliber to use?

Also, what are some of the pistols people rely on most and feel would never let them down as a ccw pistol. Just for future reference, I like the size of a glock 19 (sub compact) in my hand.

I've tried searching this gun section and for some reason I can't.

What are some opinions on what caliber to use?

Also, what are some of the pistols people rely on most and feel would never let them down as a ccw pistol. Just for future reference, I like the size of a glock 19 (sub compact) in my hand.

It really doesn't matter imo. All the normal calibers penetrate about the same distance. Want to be a super nerd about it? Go on youtube and watch tnoutdoors9 channel. He has done and continues to do many bullet penetration videos. I carry a g26 with hollow points. Works for me.

I carry a M&P 40 Compact with Hornady XTP 180 grain.

Gotta get a gun that you trust your life with, simple as that. Go and shoot multiple guns, don't go to any conclusions from us. I shot this gun and loved it. Bought one, ran 500 rounds though it before even stripping and cleaning it, never jammed or failed to feed.

Not to sound totally ignorant but if a gun feels great, i mean unless you totally buy a fudged up gun its gonna shoot most if not every time so why not just go with what feels right for you? Whats the chance your gonna need it and not fire as long as you take care of it?

I mean you coudl get the top of the line balls to the walls and theres still that tiny bit chance it wont fire. Idk maybe im thinking too far into this cup of vodka

Not to sound totally ignorant but if a gun feels great, i mean unless you totally buy a fudged up gun its gonna shoot most if not every time so why not just go with what feels right for you? Whats the chance your gonna need it and not fire as long as you take care of it?

I mean you coudl get the top of the line balls to the walls and theres still that tiny bit chance it wont fire. Idk maybe im thinking too far into this cup of vodka

Kimber guns with $1000 price tag still suffer from stovepipe issues all the time.

Pretty sad when a $450 polymer gun can cycle consistently and Kimber people need to look for better mags and make sure the gun doesn't stovepipe every other round.

:lolguy:

And to back up the ammo argument with this:

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Misc_Images/DocGKR/Handgun_gel_comparison.jpg

.45 really dominates :dumb:

I'm in love with my Ruger SR9C 9mm. Choice of a 10 round or 17 round mag, easy to conceal, and feels great. My backup is a S&W Bodyguard .380. The biggest complaint I have with it is the trigger pull. Very long. I used to carry a Glock G36 .45. Easy to conceal but it's only holds 6 rounds and is a little difficult to shoot being a larger caliber and having a small grip.

Pick a firearm size/style you will actually carry daily. Then pick the largest caliber for that gun you can comfortably put on target multiple times in 2 seconds. Or just go with the 19 cause it's an awesome gun.

For what it's worth I've loved my m&p9c as a daily. Also swap with the LCP when I absolutely need to.

Hey everyone, what type and size of underwaer will work best for me?

Go out, shoot all you can (maybe some people you know on here or elsewhere will share) and find what works for you.

I prefer the SR9c, but won't deny the reliability of many others mentioned here. I always list the SR9c, M&P, xD, and Glock for a person to try for semi autos. All reliable, near the same price range, and different caliber options.

Revolvers? Take your pick. Any name brand is a good one. The S&W Bodyguard .38spl mention is a nice one.

Pick a few to try out (hold, shoot, etc). Narrow it down from there, do research on the them, then decide. Everyone has a different opinion on caliber and frame size for CCW, so just find what your comfortable with. And theres no reason to buy a Kimber for CCW for 1k when theres tons of options for 4-500. BTW i carry a M&P9c. Good luck.

with the above picture, there used to be one JUST like it w/ 10mm and it did MASSIVE destruction compared to everything else

This one?

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww344/Jhatmaker24/10mm-1.jpg

I like this one better

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/10mm-teeth-scary-explosion.jpg

• Upvote 1

I don't understand the nothing beats a .45 argument anymore I think anything 9mm and above is adequate for protection, hell even .380 is no slouch nowadays. Just go with something you can shoot quickly and accurately. A .22 hit is better than a .45 miss.

Need to shoot through boxes and corners of walls. You know just like in counterstrike :gabe:

Put my first rounds through the 9C. 130 to be exact. Flawless, no issues.

Feels great in the hand. More kick than my much larger, heavier, older, 5906, but a wonderful weapon.

Very pleased with my purchase.

$459 at Vances, $490 after tax.

A .22 hit is better than a .45 miss.

Just like what a firearms instructor told me once. Criminals should be more worried about the wife with a .22 than the husband with his .45. In most cases, the wife will will place all 10 rounds down center mass while the husband redecorates the house with his .45. :lolguy: