Central Ohio Welding?

zeitgeist57

I was looking up welding gas suppliers, and came across Tim's thread from a few years back:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73552&highlight=welding+supplies

I called Central Ohio Welding, and spoke to Randy. Sounded older, and holy shizz did I get a data dump on what-I-need-to-know-about-welders! He suggested getting one or two 30cu.ft. bottles from Harbor Frieght for $85, and bringing them over to get filled with C25 for $28...

Just want to check to see if the shop's legit. Thanks.

So Randy mentioned that Harbor Freight sells 30cu.ft. inert gas tanks for $85. He even gave me the SKU: CGA-580. Dammit if I can't find the thing on HF.com.

Has anyone bought welding tanks from HF? I'd be exchanging them anyway for full ones at COW, per Randy's recommendation...

Randy recommended to since I was starting fresh was to run my mig as gasless (flux core). It will spatter some more, but you won't have to spend 200-300 bucks on supplies to start welding. All you would need to switch over to a flux core is flux core wire and it will cost around $35. If I thought it was too messy, then switch to gas.