I don't eat veggies but would like to.

thorne

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop being a pussy and eat them. They don't taste good, but you will start to like them. Its taken a few years, but I actually like eating vegs/fruits now.

This.

I honestly puke , People have tried even with money bets if i eat XYZ and i barfed.

It's all in your head. I was the same way as a kid. I thought all vegetables were gross and I wouldn't eat them at all. As an adult I've gotten over the whole "if I eat this I'll puke." Just try to keep an open mind. Smother them in ranch or whatever condiment you like the most. There are still some that I have never tried, but that isn't because I think they are gross, it's b/c I don't know how they are supposed to taste and how to cook them. Every chance I get I'll try something that I didn't like as a kid.

It's just like beer. I hated the taste of beer when I first tried it and now it tastes fine.

I'm so addicted to asparagus. Grilled on the grill is awesome

This.

Also overcooking veggies is one of the reasons texture and smell is attributed to people not liking veggies..

Broccoli and brussel sprouts are almost ALWAYS over cooked.

Broccoli for us is steamed 3-4 mins and then sprayed with lemon juice and sprinkled with grated parm.. YUM.

Apsaragus- hot Skillet with some (just enough to barely coat the pan)

olive oil, salt and pepper, roll around in the heat till its bright green/slightly chared.. (maybe 3-5 mins) :drool:

Brussle sprouts roasted with garlic vinegarette in the oven .. yum

If you can watch anything Alton Brown and NOT want to cook it.. then there is no helping you. ;)

Brussel Sprouts

Asparagus

Broccoli

Bill your not the only one I love the taste of some vegies but I can't eat them I can lick them but its the consistency like onions are the worst. Instant barfff ahh. But vegies I can like naw on and I know ill get shit for this but I can slob on a pickle all day but can't chew it HlolH

The odd thing is I like the odd vegies like brokli artichoke and spinage.

Bill your not the only one I love the taste of some vegies but I can't eat them I can lick them but its the consistency like onions are the worst. Instant barfff ahh. But vegies I can like naw on and I know ill get shit for this but I can slob on a pickle all day but can't chew it HlolH

The odd thing is I like the odd vegies like brokli artichoke and spinage.

do you eat chinese food? most chinese resturants I go to I get the happy family. it is mostly veggies with beef chicken and shrimp in a brown sauce. some places it has asparagus in it and I think its my favorite veggie in it. I know that chinese food isn't the best thing for you, but maybe it could be a start.

on a side note, I hate the water chestnuts (texture). am I the only one who doesn't like them, everyone I know seems to love them.

This.

It's all in your head. I was the same way as a kid. I thought all vegetables were gross and I wouldn't eat them at all. As an adult I've gotten over the whole "if I eat this I'll puke." Just try to keep an open mind. Smother them in ranch or whatever condiment you like the most. There are still some that I have never tried, but that isn't because I think they are gross, it's b/c I don't know how they are supposed to taste and how to cook them. Every chance I get I'll try something that I didn't like as a kid.

It's just like beer. I hated the taste of beer when I first tried it and now it tastes fine.

I have no doubt its all in my head but the mind is a powerful thing...

When it gets colder try some vegetable soup. Also giant eagle has an awesome salad bar with lots of veggie choices, you could get a little of a few different ones instead of buying a package of something and not liking it then having the rest to go to waste.

I'm an adventurous eater, a foodie with a mission. I eat almost anything that won't eat me first. If I don't like one thing, I'll keep eating it until I acquire a taste for it.

Is this thread for real? Dude I disliked tomatoes, pickles and other random shit when i was younger until one day I put on my big boy pants and started trying new stuff. Eventually starting to tolerate and then liking many of the foods. Its all in your head.

^^ These for sure.

I love veggies. I've been on a stir fry kick lately. I'll even eat it for breakfast which freaks my wife out.

Fresh Oinions, brocc, peppers, carrots, snap peas or snow peas, little oil and a splash of wine and I stir them up until bright colors pop and they are looking good. Then I throw in some very thin sliced strip steak, cook 1-2 minutes, put in some tasty sauces I make up ahead of time (freeze them in ice cube trays) and serve with about 1/4-1/2 cup brown rice. Damn it's good!

Otherwise, a little seasoning, butter and a grill with burger or a steak next to veggies is the next best thing. I've done that for brunch too :) Everything tastes better grilled. I especially like corn on the cob, mushrooms, zuccini or eggplant. YUMMY!

Another thing that you might eventually get to is Spagetti Squash. It's great with some fresh tomatos & Garlic and onions all diced up with some fresh italian herbs tossed in.

Can you tell I'm hungry? :gabe:

Apsaragus- hot Skillet with some (just enough to barely coat the pan)

olive oil, salt and pepper, roll around in the heat till its bright green/slightly chared.. (maybe 3-5 mins) :drool:

My wife and I have a poor mans dinner that to me is excellent. Little oil, red pepper (not the powder) the cracked kind that is larger, splash of wine, clove of fresh garlic chopped up and saute it up to your liking. Just don't over cook or char anything.

Put the above over the pasta of your choice, we like anglehair, with freshly grated cheese of your choosing. Add in a glass of good white wine and you're in for a slightly spicy treat. I often saute up some chicken into it all too.

all these suggestions are great if you hate veggies.

I NEVER ate veggies as a kid. But have forced myself into it within the past couple years (30 now) with the help of the g/f.

Steam and or grill them. use ranch to get the initial gross factor down on cold veggies. you'll come around.

There might be a few that you disgust. for me its pickles.

Asparagus is great. though I will say the last couple times I used the skillet it came out chewy.... undercooked?