six hundred sixty two

kirks5oh

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the cars. But can I get some more details on that garage?

the shop is 40X60. has full heat, 200amp separate service from the house, 20' ceiling in the middle, 12' celing in the back of the shop, is plumbed for compressed air throughout. has a 10X10 office up front with internet (not hooked up), and tv connections. there's also a 12X12' room in the back for yard equipment, storage, and my compressor. the guy who lived in the house before me had a side job where he bought heavy equipment of craigslist, repaired it, and re-sold it.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Exploded the clutch with 171 miles on it under normal driving conditions and my 3 kids in the car--wtf??

Had the clutch replaced under warranty and now have over1k miles on it. This thing pulls so hard I can't even imagine adding another 100rwhp to it this spring. Definitely need bigger rubber in the back. Very cool car so far aside from the clutch issue. Drove it 3 hours this weekend to Chicago with my wife for our anniv, and it got incredible gas mileage, not that I give a shit. Ford definitely under-geared this car for the 200mph number. 2nd gear winds out to over 95 mph

Bump.

Exploded the clutch with 171 miles on it under normal driving conditions and my 3 kids in the car--wtf??

Had the clutch replaced under warranty and now have over1k miles on it. This thing pulls so hard I can't even imagine adding another 100rwhp to it this spring. Definitely need bigger rubber in the back. Very cool car so far aside from the clutch issue. Drove it 3 hours this weekend to Chicago with my wife for our anniv, and it got incredible gas mileage, not that I give a shit. Ford definitely under-geared this car for the 200mph number. 2nd gear winds out to over 95 mph

The clutch exploded under normal conditions?!? Nothing else got damaged when it happened right? Any pictures of it?

Im amazed that it happened, wonder if there was something faulty with it.

The clutch exploded under normal conditions?!? Nothing else got damaged when it happened right? Any pictures of it?

Im amazed that it happened, wonder if there was something faulty with it.

did a second gear pull (easy) to 5k rpms getting on the freeway, and the car revved to the moon---didn't go anywhere. no clutch smell, no warning, hadn't really even gotten on the car. the clutch is a twin disc--the pressure plate was scuffed, and one of the discs was worn down to the rivets. my guess is a bad batch of clutches, as several others have blown their clutch up stock. the second clutch seems healthier----made a newer m3 look dumb on the freeway today, and wasn't even in the sweet spot of 3rd gear---70--100mph, it was ugly (for him).

didn't realize 580rwhp h/c/i/full exhaust c6z's were slow?? am i missing something?? maybe i need to add a veilside body kit or some stickers??

I think until you krylon your wheels, stick on tinted headlight covers and a carbon fiber hood with 10000000 vents, he won't like it.

h/c/i c6z is fast as heck... I ment to say.. when are you going to give her a power adder...

Pro-tip::Know when to say when, in regards to modding a car. My hot-ass 115lb wife can still drive this car to starbucks for my daily grande latte enema.

On a side note, I banged my wife on the 16th floor of the hyatt last night with the drapes open for all of chicago to see---ftmfw.

• Upvote 1

lmfao... I was only be sarcastic.. a c6z is no joke on the streets let alone a nicely modded one. that's why she has the cts'v and you have the cobra for the boss dad car... the c6z should be your race car because it's 2 seat and it can be made one bad ass race car more easily done then that cobra... cobra sounds like it has a glass drive train.. welp to each his own

edit: Picture of the wife?