IPHONE 5 Event LIVE

JaronsToy

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't use the AT&T site! I did last year and they royally screwed up my wife's order. I've always used apple (besides last year) and have yet to encounter a problem!

Also ordered! This year went the smoothest too. No getting halfway through and the site crashing. And doing that over and over again until it would finally go through!

Sums it up nicely.

I can't believe Apple even spent the time and money to come up with that whole new row of apps, should have just made the 4 all black and put a "5" sticker on it.

Poor stupid bastards.

What I'm mad / disappointed about is the connector. They use a MicroUSB in Europe but here they won't. That means my Bose Dock / Clock radio, etc. need an adapter that honestly, I won't buy from Apple for $29. I'll do like I do with the current chargers and buy the $1.50 ones off China Bay.

What I'm mad / disappointed about is the connector. They use a MicroUSB in Europe but here they won't. That means my Bose Dock / Clock radio, etc. need an adapter that honestly, I won't buy from Apple for $29. I'll do like I do with the current chargers and buy the $1.50 ones off China Bay.

I saw an article that said something about the phone is being sold with the microUSB adapter in Europe. MicroUSB has been the industry standard for many years now, why can't they just have the iphone have it? Because Apple.

But that makes them more money, and since you only buy products from a manufacturer based on how much profit they make off their customers, you shouldn't be disappointed, you should be standing in line buying cables and connectors!

Think different Tim, think different.

:)

Ordered mine when I woke up this morning, hope I wasn't part of the batch after they sold out of the first run.

If you didn't buy in the fist 60 min, you will not get yours on launch day.

Ordered my wife's at 8 am, delivery is 2 weeks from the 21st. I'm keeping my 4s.

I saw an article that said something about the phone is being sold with the microUSB adapter in Europe. MicroUSB has been the industry standard for many years now, why can't they just have the iphone have it? Because Apple.

But that makes them more money, and since you only buy products from a manufacturer based on how much profit they make off their customers, you shouldn't be disappointed, you should be standing in line buying cables and connectors!

Think different Tim, think different.

:)

In the end only Apple has the ability to pull something like that off and still win. So while I'm disappointed as a consumer, I am inspired by the fact that they can pull it off successfully. In fact rumor is they will profit more off the adapters than the entire android market will from their phones.

Edited by TTQ B4U

I still think I'm going to go for the 5, though my 4 is holding up fine. I'm going to wait a while though and see if enough people cry about the connector change to get them to throw in a free one. I also want to check out the nav on the wife's 4S when iOS6 is released.

They have been forcing everyone to use that fucking retarded proprietary 30-pin connector for so long I don't see why they wouldn't automatically give you at least one adapter for their new proprietary connector.

Remind me. Why do I still like these phones?

Did people complain that they had to change from a LPT printer cable to USB: yep. How about from VGA to hdmi or any of the others:yep. It's just a cable people and it's called change suck it up and deal with it.

^^FACT!

Haters are gonna hate....It's Pathetic that some of you are royally attempting to shit on apple lol. Wasting brain power.

Got mine pre-odered btw :D

:confused:

:yuno: I think the world just stopped its rotation.

Oh I have the $300 for an upgrade, but now AT&T says i'm not eligible for an upgrade of that price until next year. I'm the main line on a family plan, I thought the main line was eligible every year. All other lines are 2 years. I'm not paying $600 for the thing. This will be the first one I do not own unless someone in the AT&T store pulls some strings. meh it was a good run.

Did people complain that they had to change from a LPT printer cable to USB: yep. How about from VGA to hdmi or any of the others:yep. It's just a cable people and it's called change suck it up and deal with it.

Never looked at it this way, but the analogy is a little flawed.