Opinion Thread; Why does the world hate us?

Orion

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we have military presences in places we have no business being. Because we install brutal dictators to protect our interests to the detriment of the people living in those lands, then later bomb civilians while trying to remove said dictators. Because we back Israel. Because religious zealots despise our culture and are being used and recruited by assholes who use religion as many politicians have before. Osama certainly didn't fly any planes into buildings. Trade with whom we need, stop being the world police.

You would be pissed off too if you were dirt poor and doing everything you can to just survive while all you hear about America is that we are a bunch of fat lazy slobs who only care about ourselves and our interests. Add to that the fact that we haven't fought an actual war on American soil since the civil war and others around the world are afraid to walk down the street for fear of being a casualty of war. They see us as walking around worry free and without a care in the world. Remember when you were a kid and your mother used to say "finish your dinner, there are hungry kids around the world who are starving and would love to eat what you don't", I bet those people who are starving are thinking about how wasteful we are here in America.

It is because every pos American is always walking around holding onto a starbucks or a bottle of water every day. I've been to places that charged me 5 euros for a glass of ice water.

Not gonna lie, I hade to find how much that was in USD (regretably).

...and that's what they charge for water at our ball parks and amusement parks. :)

I agree though. The majority of Americans, even those unemployed or living unfavorable conditions by "US standards", have no idea how good they've/we've got it.

The problem also seems to be that if we DON'T do enough, the world gets pissed as well.

That's because we took up that role. Time to worry about number one and screw everyone else, unless we are asked for help and the is good moral reason to step in. Problem is, if our help is genuinely wanted. It needs to be done full blow and walk away once we do our part.

That's because we took up that role. Time to worry about number one and screw everyone else, unless we are asked for help and the is good moral reason to step in. Problem is, if our help is genuinely wanted. It needs to be done full blow and walk away once we do our part.

Good in theory, but I don't think that's how friendships work.

Not gonna lie, I hade to find how much that was in USD (regretably).

...and that's what they charge for water at our ball parks and amusement parks. :)

I agree though. The majority of Americans, even those unemployed or living unfavorable conditions by "US standards", have no idea how good they've/we've got it.

Yeah and this was no ballpark. It was a shit hole place to get some dinner. Was the slam though. Seriously most people don't know how well we have it here.

Because people hate a winner.

I'm not saying we're perfect, far from it. But even if we're guilty of half what they say about us, it doesn't matter. Other countries are guilty of TWICE what we've done in some form or another. We're better off than most of the world and that pisses people off.

We could keep to our borders, fix the middle east, feed the hungry, and piss fucking rainbows across the sky and we'd still be hated.

I don't believe the world hates us. Sure, there are groups that do but if you were to ask them why at the heart of that answer it's because they feel we are interfering with something they are doing. In one respect we are, but at the heart of that reason it's typically because it's the right thing to do and that pisses the bad guys off.

I'm right there with those that perhaps feel we should stay focus on only our borders and not police the world. I can lead that argument just fine too. However, when I see people like Hitler, Osama and others of their kind, I also support the fact that we need to flex our muscle and eliminate such people and thinkers from the world.

No one in this world should be oppressed or suffer as many due and one reason I'm proud to be an American is because we one of the few nations that has the capability and balls to stand up for those that can't stand up for themselves.

I don't believe the world hates us. Sure, there are groups that do but if you were to ask them why at the heart of that answer it's because they feel we are interfering with something they are doing. In one respect we are, but at the heart of that reason it's typically because it's the right thing to do and that pisses the bad guys off.

I'm right there with those that perhaps feel we should stay focus on only our borders and not police the world. I can lead that argument just fine too. However, when I see people like Hitler, Osama and others of their kind, I also support the fact that we need to flex our muscle and eliminate such people and thinkers from the world.

No one in this world should be oppressed or suffer as many due and one reason I'm proud to be an American is because we one of the few nations that has the capability and balls to stand up for those that can't stand up for themselves.

I agree 100%.

I agree with you, im not a polical person at all . IF america cares so much about the oppressed and suffering........ How come as a nation we did not do shit for africa in 2000's? Over 20% of the population was killed off in a genocide and yet we did nothing . Shit almost 1 million people died in a 100 day period, saddam and osama only wished they could of been that distructive but yet we did nothing. Americans went into Iraq for operation desert storm claming the killing of the kurts and saddam jumping borders in saudi was the real reason.....we need to get fucking real.

We did not give a fuck about the 5000 arab kurds that was gased by saddam, the shit hit the fan when he jumped saudi into oil controled land. If you ever been into the middle east the only place we have true open arms is saudi arabia because we make that country, we are the body guard of oil.

I agree with you, im not a polical person at all . IF america cares so much about the oppressed and suffering........ How come as a nation we did not do shit for africa in 2000's? Over 20% of the population was killed off in a genocide and yet we did nothing . .

I'm going to play a dumb person here okay, you ready?

It's because our cars won't run on the African diamonds!

/dumb

I agree with you, im not a polical person at all . IF america cares so much about the oppressed and suffering........ How come as a nation we did not do shit for africa in 2000's? Over 20% of the population was killed off in a genocide and yet we did nothing . Shit almost 1 million people died in a 100 day period, saddam and osama only wished they could of been that distructive but yet we did nothing. Americans went into Iraq for operation desert storm claming the killing of the kurts and saddam jumping borders in saudi was the real reason.....we need to get fucking real.

Don't confuse the political posturing of power game that we play extremely well, especially as it relates to our military deployment to protect the worlds economy that centers around oil with the fact that we are in most every case the most generous nation when it comes to people in need due to the many other disasters that impact tens of millions.

I'm not just referencing our governments generosity either. Think of the Billions of dollars donated by our private citizens too. Most all of which goes unrecognized by the world and especially the losers crying hatred towards America. IMO America plays a central role in humanitarian efforts around the world that very few others are willing or capable of matching.

It's important because many of these tyrants, assholes and modern day Hitlers don't like seeing us win the love of so many through such acts. Especially when they are trying to control people in a completely opposite and relatively ineffective way, through the use of force.

We did not give a fuck about the 5000 arab kurds that was gased by saddam, the shit hit the fan when he jumped saudi into oil controled land. If you ever been into the middle east the only place we have true open arms is saudi arabia because we make that country, we are the body guard of oil.

I would disagree that "we" as a collective do care about the innocents that were and are oppressed. Even those of us that don't agree with our governments actions and military involvement care. Not everyone, but overall I do believe most would see a 12 yr old middle eastern kid being tossed an AK-47, taught to hate and seen as completely expendable as sad for a species like man kind. As sad to me as a 12yr American being raped and beaten by her step dad.

Those that hate of course don't like our governments military action or political posturing around the oil because to them, that's all that have in the way of power. Without that, they are simply poorly trained, ill equipped legends in their own mind living in a desert trying to claim to be the almighty ruler of a nation of people that if allowed 1 day of outside education would otherwise have their heads.

In the end though, they don't like our society's way of life and anything Western, because it threatens the above noted "power" they think they have. Their greatest fear and what is being realized there right now is the younger generations do communicate outside their borders and aren't as oppressed and kept ignorant as generations before them. Now that they can see outside and think for themselves, that "power" is no longer oil, but intelligence and opportunity.

The problem in these countries is clearly nobody needs or has a job. They have nothing better to do than to throw rocks and burn things. Forget about getting together and making the shithole they live in look better and cleaner. No tear it all apart. Fucking animals.

The same rock throwers the russians could not beat. The same terrorst aka freedom fighters the USA funded.

The same rock throwers the russians could not beat.

You realize we armed those rock throwers that the Russians couldn't beat, all they would have had were rocks if it wasn't for the US. Again they are animals. This is what the US is headed for when the population is given everything and have nothing to do to help/better their society.