OSU Football: Use Another's BuckID To Get In?

Wease

I got a great deal on some tickets for the Purdue game, but they are student tickets and the students I got them from said I could use their BuckID's to get into the game. Of course me and my wife look nothing like this couple and I'd really like to avoid paying the upgrade fee, so has anyone done this before? How closely do the gate people look at the ID's? :confused:

Yeah, I've done it - the never even looked at the student ID beyond noting that it was, in fact, a student ID.

Yup, that's what I figured. I gotta give these guys $20 to "rent" it, then get it back after I'm through the gate. Sounds like a deal to me... :nod:

Yup, that's what I figured. I gotta give these guys $20 to "rent" it, then get it back after I'm through the gate. Sounds like a deal to me... :nod:

That is why I keep my 5 year old buckeye ID... Still gets me into games with student tickets with me having to rent someones student ID.

I used to work for the OSU ticket office, obviously the question has been answered but just so everyone knows the rule and why. A student ID must accompany each OSU student ticket. OSU ID does not need to match the account of the ticket holder, the OSU ID does not need to match the persons race/sex etc. Also, names do not have to match at all either. They are not allowed to check the ID/question you/deny you because it doesn't match. They are just checking for the existence of an ID.

The reason they do this is that in theory the student knows the person or is comfortable enough with said person to let them use their OSU ID, making it less common/easy to sell then normal tickets.

Side note: As of right now the OSU ID doesn't even need to be an active ID. Reason I mention it is because I know it's common for graduating students to go get a new ID right before they graduate.

I used to work for the OSU ticket office, obviously the question has been answered but just so everyone knows the rule and why. A student ID must accompany each OSU student ticket. OSU ID does not need to match the account of the ticket holder, the OSU ID does not need to match the persons race/sex etc. Also, names do not have to match at all either. They are not allowed to check the ID/question you/deny you because it doesn't match. They are just checking for the existence of an ID.

The reason they do this is that in theory the student knows the person or is comfortable enough with said person to let them use their OSU ID, making it less common/easy to sell then normal tickets.

Side note: As of right now the OSU ID doesn't even need to be an active ID. Reason I mention it is because I know it's common for graduating students to go get a new ID right before they graduate.

Excellent reply, thanks. My wife was really concerned about using another ID, so I'm glad this clears it all up! :)

I remember when they started this, and me and some friends went to IIRC the first game of the season. I think at the time they did 'require' student IDs and they had to match the person. Most of the gate attendants weren't checking, or weren't checking closely. We went into separate lines to be less obvious. One of my friends for some reason went to the oldest gate attendant, was questioned about an ID and the guy tried to confiscate his ticket for not having a Buckeye ID. He snatched it back out of the guys hand and ran away to another gate. :lolguy:

When my GF graduated a few years ago the upgrade fee was $15 per ticket.

Either way we're going to the purdue game, if its too much of a hassle to get an id then we'll just pay to 'upgrade' the ticket.

When my GF graduated a few years ago the upgrade fee was $15 per ticket.

Either way we're going to the purdue game, if its too much of a hassle to get an id then we'll just pay to 'upgrade' the ticket.

FYI only the student on the account can upgrade a student ticket. Also, its like $34 now (the difference between student tickets and face value public ticket prices.)