Another fun "Is it totaled?" thread

Tripleskate

My roommate was sitting in rush hour yesterday at a complete standstill and got rear ended by a girl. She had to have been doing at least 20mph because she set off a couple of her airbags, that and every single detail on her front bumper was imprinted into his. Other than a stiff neck, he's okay, but now we're betting on whether or not his car is totaled. The pictures aren't very good, but here's the damage:

- Exhaust is bent/broken mufflers

- Rear glass exploded

- Bumper is totaled

- Both taillights are done

- Decklid and spoiler are also toast

- Trunk interior bits bent and broken

- Rear fenders got bent and and pressed by the bumpers upon impact

2005 Honda Accord V6 6MT, with ~110,000 miles

Just eyeballing it doesn't look totaled, but at the same time that's just our quick visual of the damage we can see, and who knows once the insurance company has a shop starting digging into it some more.

Obligatory Pics:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/39310_10151058094551296_136729063_n.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/431665_10151058093431296_548418579_n.jpg

Her car: IIRC, 4 airbags went off and it was gushing coolant everywhere.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/552639_10151058094011296_2028043947_n.jpg

So. what do you guys think?

Id say fixed. But looks like that left 1/4 is buckled which could mean the frame rail is buckled as well. Rail, rear body panel, and floor wil add up fast. Its the hidden dmage that will total it....

Yup. Both the left and right 1/4's are either bent or have heavy "waving", and those are huge body panels to replace. That's what makes me think it's a goner.

I'd say it depends on how bad the floor is wrinkled in the trunk. Otherwise the trunk would never be straight again. This would be the second 6MT Accord lost this year :(

This is also a concern. Looking into the trunk, you can see all of the exposed metal work is bent to hell and back.

And the news is in. It's totaled. They took the car before he was able to take any of the mods/toys out of it.

How can they do this. What about if you had personal items in there. You guys who allow this are fucking phaggots. I've never had a car just taken away without me getting stuff outta it.

Yup. Both the left and right 1/4's are either bent or have heavy "waving", and those are huge body panels to replace. That's what makes me think it's a goner.

Weld in.

Not totaled.

On another note- you boy better get his neck checked and MILK DA FUCK out of it. That's an easy check for the insurance company.

99% chance that girl was texting when she wrecked LOL OMG :gabe:

Also in for buyback if its totaled :)

How can they do this. What about if you had personal items in there. You guys who allow this are fucking phaggots. I've never had a car just taken away without me getting stuff outta it.

he can always go to the salvage yard and get his things. They "shouldn't" be moving with out permission. and most tow yards won't allow anyone to take it unless owner releases.

he can always go to the salvage yard and get his things. They "shouldn't" be moving with out permission. and most tow yards won't allow anyone to take it unless owner releases.

He could, but he would have to drive to Dayton to get to the car. For reasons that I don't understand, my roommate explained that USAA (his Insurance provider) put the car on an automotive transport vehicle and towed it to Dayton to appraise it, then totaled it on the spot? I guess USAA does shit differently than most providers who would just send it to a bodyshop to get the damage on it. In any case, his payout is sufficient enough for him to not really care, and he will be in another car shortly.