Walking Dead

Bam

I find it funny when people complain about slow parts. You're not very analytical and deep thinkers, are you? Honestly, I find things are getting pretty suspenseful and give me a lot of emotional anxiety. A lot of open ends that could go just about anywhere, and as mentioned, the foreshadowing of the wife's husband was interesting. I too would like to know what happened to the gun. I honestly don't think things are going to work out for them in Alexandria. Like Carl said, everyone there is weak. I really hope they take over the town, like Rick suggested.

:thumbup:

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the people of Alexandria are afraid of Negan(who hasn't been introduced yet) Negan leaves them alone as long as they give him and his people half of everything they have(including women when he wants them) so the people of Alexandria with the help of Jesus are looking for someone to stand up to Negan and put a stop to his rule, the war is coming....

• 3 weeks later...

For F sake! I was trying to catch up on this show the past few days and for some reason my DVR did not record ep 15. I'm not a internet savvy person, but is there a place I can find this for free online?

Tried HULU..

Tried AMC, but I have DISH so nope....

For F sake! I was trying to catch up on this show the past few days and for some reason my DVR did not record ep 15. I'm not a internet savvy person, but is there a place I can find this for free online?

Tried HULU..

http://watchseriestv.to/episode/The_Walking_Dead_(2011)_s5_e15.html

Since you say you're not internet savvy just be very careful. Make sure you have Adblock for Chrome or Firefox (whichever browser you're using - hopefully not Internet Explorer) and then you should be fairly good to go. The gorillavid links seem to work pretty well. I click "Watch This Link" and it takes me to another page where it says "Click Here To Play". I click that then there's a 5 second countdown. Hit "Continue" then the play button and you're off.

As for the finale last night I'll just say it was a disgustingly blatant money grab by AMC to extend the episode to 90 minutes of airtime.

I think the 90 minute episode fit the finale just fine. They had a lot of ground to cover and honestly it didn't feel any longer.

Spoiler alert:

So here's a question for speculation: next season do you think they will actually kill Glen? Or will they chicken out because he is such a darling of the show? I mean twd is a show that kills it's darlings but he's probably one of three characters (Rick and Darryl being the other two) whom there would be legitimate fan uproar and also would change the dynamic if the show considerably.

Steven Yeun's star power is rising pretty dramatically, but looking at IMDB he doesn't really have anything in the pipeline. I think he'd be smart to get killed off and go do movies, but it doesn't look like he's going to. If you actually want to spoil things for yourself, you can google story lines from the comics, but I won't post anything here.

Daryl doesn't exist in the comics so who knows. Personally, I think Daryl's a cockroach; he's going to die of old age, and it would make no sense for them to kill him off. He's got a few movies coming out (per IMDB) but nothing that looks like it would take away from TWD filming.

If they killed off Rick it would be a major departure from the comics, but they should do it just because, fuck Rick.

Tried HULU..

Not "free", but it's $2.99 legally on the iTunes store. I'd pay that if I missed it.

I think the 90 minute episode fit the finale just fine. They had a lot of ground to cover and honestly it didn't feel any longer

There was a solid 15-20 minutes of stuff that was just added fluff. They could have easily accomplished what they needed to by cutting out the garbage with Sasha/Gabriel and Glenn/Nicholas and kept it to a normal hour-long episode. But they knew they'd have high viewership for the finale (ended up being 16m) so they added 15 minutes of show and 15 minutes of commercials. I don't watch live (either off DVR or if I'm super lazy I'll download a torrent which has the commercials cut out already so I don't have to fast forward) so the added commercials don't annoy me just by being there but it bothers me that they extended the finale and didn't really accomplish anything extra in the show. The Halo ads that played during the finale probably paid for the 15 minutes of fluff on their own and they only accounted for ~4 minutes of commercial space.

Steven Yeun's star power is rising pretty dramatically, but looking at IMDB he doesn't really have anything in the pipeline. I think he'd be smart to get killed off and go do movies, but it doesn't look like he's going to. If you actually want to spoil things for yourself, you can google story lines from the comics, but I won't post anything here.

Spoilers again:

I've read the comics. Glen's been dead for a while in them and the corresponding arc where it happens is where the TV show is just starting to go. Hence the question. Next season is a long ways away and he could probably get a few things going between now and then but you are right, the current silence in his career outside TWD indicates he might be heading for longer run on the show.

There was a solid 15-20 minutes of stuff that was just added fluff. They could have easily accomplished what they needed to by cutting out the garbage with Sasha/Gabriel and Glenn/Nicholas and kept it to a normal hour-long episode. But they knew they'd have high viewership for the finale (ended up being 16m) so they added 15 minutes of show and 15 minutes of commercials. I don't watch live (either off DVR or if I'm super lazy I'll download a torrent which has the commercials cut out already so I don't have to fast forward) so the added commercials don't annoy me just by being there but it bothers me that they extended the finale and didn't really accomplish anything extra in the show. The Halo ads that played during the finale probably paid for the 15 minutes of fluff on their own and they only accounted for ~4 minutes of commercial space.

I disagree. The Glen/Nicholas and Shasha/Gabriel/Maggie stuff needed some kind of resolution, even if temporary, for the season to wrap up. Esp since before that episode Sasha and gabe's issues were localized to them and not intertwined. It was a bit sloppy to bring them together as a way of giving temp resolution for the purposes of wrapping up the loose thread for the season but I imagine they needed to do that because next season their arc will be intertwined. Was it rushed and a little sloppy? yes. Unnecessary? I don't think so based on where this is going. I think they needed to wrap a bunch of things up and could have taken longer but the standard format for big finales on cable these days seems to be an hour and a half. A lot of stuff felt really rushed to me esp at the end, and they could have made it a 2 hour but I don't think the format or the advertising would have supported it - as it stood they had to bump comic book men and that only bought them 1/2 hour.

I think we all know where this is going. Win lose or draw they can't stay at Alexandria. The series ends if Alexandria becomes a permanent safe haven. Maybe they get a season out it like the prison, or maybe two considering how bad the war with the wolves is going to be. But in the end, they have to keep moving.

Oh, and fuck the origin story spinoff series (unless it ties directly to breaking bad, then it is maybe ok). Part of the allure of this is that the world is the world - who cares how it got that way.

I didn't mind "the fluff". I feel its integral to fully grasp the shifts in dynamics and what they're really all having to deal with. Do you need it? No, not really. But like many a good dish, sometimes that extra spice can put it over the top. Not everyone who eats it will notice it or even care, but some do appreciate it.

Next season, on Walking Dead:

R_BNsAS0_6CfiDmrGYitjYa82GZ2A7DgSwY-jNR6UC0=w406-h207-p-no

• 6 months later...