Picked up a new project

brent1976

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is that a factory 5.3 truck or I-5?

Either way it'll be a sweet truck when you're done, and if you really want to part with your Silverado I'm very interested. I'm in no hurry but if you want to pull all your stuff out and sell it so you don't have to put it all back together....just a thought.

Scott, I need to get decent money out of it to keep the wife happy(off my back).

I'm pretty sure I have the parts lined up already, and it should be done in a weekend or so. I need to drive it while I'm putting this thing together.

I might have a couple of questions to ask you since you probably have some experience working on these things.

Scott, I need to get decent money out of it to keep the wife happy(off my back).

I'm pretty sure I have the parts lined up already, and it should be done in a weekend or so. I need to drive it while I'm putting this thing together.

I might have a couple of questions to ask you since you probably have some experience working on these things.

You're welcome to ask me anything, I lost your number though. I figured you'd need decent money and I'm sure you'll get it considering the shape the truck is in. I can't really afford it anyway, I have way to much crap around here anyway according to my wife. :rolleyes:

2wd would be much easier than mine will. Mine will have 4wd and an 80e which hasn't been done yet, so it will probably be a bitch, but I'll figure it out.

I don't think a V8 swap would be very difficult by itself if you do your homework, because they make a Colorado/Canyon with a 5.3L.

2wd would be much easier than mine will. Mine will have 4wd and an 80e which hasn't been done yet, so it will probably be a bitch, but I'll figure it out.

I don't think a V8 swap would be very difficult by itself if you do your homework, because they make a Colorado/Canyon with a 5.3L.

Don't these come stock with the 4l60e?

Don't these come stock with the 4l60e?

Yes but they have a different bell housing to bolt to the i5. Plus I have been the 60e route, and I'm not going through all that again, and mine is an FLT 80e so I have no worries with it.

Good luck with the front diff in that, this will be interesting.

I am going to get a 1/2 ton front diff, and do some fab work to get it in there. Then I'll take all the front shafts and have some made to work. I also think I'm going to look for a 2wd TBSS rear end and get some axels made.