Good place to get wheels

gbracing81

I'm looking to get a new set of wheels for my Trans Am this coming spring. I was curious where you guys get your wheels? I don't want to drop a fortune but I do want to get a good set. I looked on Tire rack's web site and Jegs website and didn't really see anything that I had to have. I know I don't black wheels or a wheel that requires a lot of maintance. I drive the car all year even in the winter so I need something that is durable and won't look like trash in 6 months. I need 18 X 9.5"-10.5" rear and 18 X 9 for the front. 275/40-18 rear tire and 255/45-18 front tire. Edited by gbracing81
Because I need the entire wheel and not just the rim.

You could be like every other f-body owner and get a set of torq-thrusts or vette wheels. There's a couple links on ls1tech where a lot of guys get vette wheels for cheap. Personally I just kept my eyes out for used sets on tech, worked out well for me. If you didn't drive the car in the winter I would suggest a set of CCW's, if you had money to blow of course.

You could be like every other f-body owner and get a set of torq-thrusts or vette wheels. There's a couple links on ls1tech where a lot of guys get vette wheels for cheap. Personally I just kept my eyes out for used sets on tech, worked out well for me. If you didn't drive the car in the winter I would suggest a set of CCW's, if you had money to blow of course.

Currently I have a set of C5 wheels on the car. I want to go with something different. I've had them on the car for 10 years now and I'm kinda getting bored looking at them. I will check out the Rimtyme website. Thank you.

If you are going with a stock vette wheel I just order the new style ZR1 wheel from this site and found that they had about the best prices with free shipping. They actually verified fitment with the manufacturer but someone was wrong so they are drop shipping new ones even though I had to sign a fitment waiver since I did a hub conversion.

http://www.performanceplustire.com/