iPad mini...who got one?

Putty

Apple consumers expect high prices. My only apple was a dual core Power PC, that cost me 3 times as much as the next x86 PC I built. That said, if you prefer the form factor, and you're happy with its capabilities than congrats on your purchase. I much prefer the 7 and 8 inch tablets.

The size of the mini is absolutely perfect. I've been able to take it out of the house places I would never have taken my full size. The weight of this thing makes the big one feel like a brick. The only downfall is its minus retina. However, I'll use this until that comes out and buy that as well. I sold my full size today with no regrets.

The iPad mini was great when rumor was 199. Was going to buy one for work. At 329 starting price not a chance. They priced themselves out of the competition I feel.

Apple has never been a company that will play price wars. Nor do they need to. I think it was a smart move to price it at $329 as they can always reap the profits then drop the price.

Smaller size I get, releasing it with 2 year old technology when you are supposed to be the "innovator" in the segment I do not. Even the fanboy's should see this for what it is, a cashgrab from the ignorant hordes that worship Apple. Just to release the new "improved" version 6 months later, which will only have a better screen and internals like this one should have had.

Just to release the new "improved" version 6 months later, which will only have a better screen and internals like this one should have had.

That's the genius behind their business model. Sadly it sucks for us consumers, but it's amazing for them.

I have a the new new iPad (not the new new new iPad with the thundercock connector), I'm on the road a lot and it can be a bit too large when I need to update my database in the car or pop into a Panera to make some notes. My iPhone is too small for these kinds of jobs. I'll probably pick up the updated version of the Mini when it rolls around next year.