prep or no prep. vote now!

Mattsv8

I will try pacemakers and I bet its the same as kilkare and marion this yr. I've had good 60fts at trails when they prep the track. I've had a 1.28 60 there but consistantly trails is the worst I try. Yes I've lefr with 3psi 7ps 2psi and 15psi. Track day 1.5 60 best and had to let out 3 of 4 passes and got all screwy at 660ft mark but I pulled it back in the grove.

Maybe ill stick to only racing my camaro there since its for slow cars. Or track events only! Lol

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'm lost obvious my suspension sucks.

This yr same everything and lanuch boost

Kilkare 1.32

Marion 1.32

Trails 3 diff days 1.55 best

Explain your logic how that's a issue with my suspension and not a pos track without proper prep. I'm not racing a car here my weight split is 70/30 so yea its obvious my crappy suspension.

Damn I must go unbolt the 4 link remove the 1200dollar konis and install truck shocks and wagon wheels to make it hook at trails. I swear some of u smart people really are so stupid.

If u contine to let tracks run all over the racer how are we ever gona get good tracks back. Yes norwalk sucks who wants to drive 2.5 hrs for 1 maybe 2passes at best. Ill just stick to marion and kilkare and out 60ft so called good tracks every day of the week.

My worst 60 ft at kilkare or marion on 9psi was 1.40.

I wasn't saying your suspension sucks or anything like that. I was mearly suggesting maybe you could try slightly different setting and angles. So you are running a four-link out back. How do you like it? (other than trails) Have yuo ever tried runnig a ladder bar set up? I have basically stock upgraded stuff on the Cutlass. I have solid single adjustable uppers and southside lifts for the rears. I also only have stock shocks and drag springs. I am looking at a ladder bar for my over winter project. I have wondered if changing to a true 4-link would be better? Any suggestions?

The complete lack of grammar in 90% of these posts is astonishing. It's as if each of the guilty parties has a pet monkey that shat on their keyboard and they just said, "Yeah, that looks alright," and hit "Post Reply".

Stahp. Nobody gives a crap that you hate a certain track. This isn't Facebook. Go whine there if you're looking for sympathy because I can tell you one thing: CR doesn't pass it out free.

The last cr track day I actually took part in, racing, I got some money from a few people and paid to have the track resprayed and it hooked just fine. Actually cut one of my best 60's there that day with the vette. Just saying if you are so upset about the track rentals, then pay to have it resprayed.

The last cr track day I actually took part in, racing, I got some money from a few people and paid to have the track resprayed and it hooked just fine. Actually cut one of my best 60's there that day with the vette. Just saying if you are so upset about the track rentals, then pay to have it resprayed.

Get out of here with logic

After following this thread I have come up with 3 very simple conclusions.

A: you must have the worst case of cerapalsy I have ever seen, or your typing and grammar is so degenerate that you cannot figure our that "shure" and sure.... Are not the same, as well as "Evan" and even.

B. minus being a giant fucking moron with a trashy side dish, you are the most illogical meat headed, thunder cunt known on this board. We get it, you hate trails, you are too lazy to drive to a decent venue, and you don't do shit but TNT. Reallifeproblems

C. My favorite, you equate how fast someone's car is to their I.q level. By your logic, you would assume that you are the 3rd or 4th most educated person on cr. making us essentially wild jungle animals. You have to be one of the dumbest people on the board. You've it 60k or more wrapped up in a race truck that you run 9s in, you talk about safety but partake in a high risk sport, and then you say Norwalk sucks but Marion is awesome... Please tell me why nhra goes up to Norwalk and Marion can't get enough cars to do a grudge night... Please off yourself and make us all less dumb from reading your child like posts.

Did you know you can contact a track during a rental and pay for additional track prep? I've done it before. If its too much you can also work with your racing peers to split the cost and pay for the entire track to be prepped. Its worked way better for traction than creating threads.

Did you know you can contact a track during a rental and pay for additional track prep? I've done it before. If its too much you can also work with your racing peers to split the cost and pay for the entire track to be prepped. Its worked way better for traction than creating threads.

What ? Seriously ? You can do that? Well only real drag racers that have real fast cars are smart enough to know this. How do you know anything about this secret. Shure you made a 10s pass but Evan Wyth that Sade, how shuld eye go abut thiZ?

I'm not as fast as some on here for sure. The last track day at NTR the track was bad. but I don't think they could have tryed any harder to make it safe. I love Norwalk I've always hooked there but some of my best time's were still at Trails. I've never had much luck at Marion though.

I'm not as fast as some on here for sure. The last track day at NTR the track was bad. but I don't think they could have tryed any harder to make it safe. I love Norwalk I've always hooked there but some of my best time's were still at Trails. I've never had much luck at Marion though.

With the amount of fluid that was put down you would think top fuel cars were running. I also learned first hand this weekend how hard it is to clean up, even more so when there is a lot down.

What ? Seriously ? You can do that? Well only real drag racers that have real fast cars are smart enough to know this. How do you know anything about this secret. Shure you made a 10s pass but Evan Wyth that Sade, how shuld eye go abut thiZ?

I know on the private IPS rental it was prepped fully, Also various cr track days in the past have had them prep more once we were there .

If all goes well next year I'll gladly toss some money down to find out what my new toy can run.

Yea most are 1/8th mile. Most common are trails. Norwalk kilkare, marion, thompson, edgewater dw42, pacemakers. Then a bunch of small ones.

I guess I expect more for a track rental. A group of s10 owners rent bowling green once a yr. The give the option of buying track bite. 10 bucks a gallon. If the track would evan give the option I'm shure more fast cars woul come. Ohio is home to some damn fast cars why not try and get a track preped to watch them work correctly.

Rent the track and prep the shit yourself since it's that easy.

BINGFMOTHERFUCKINGO

There are going to be times that even a "good" track is going to have traction issues. What do you do when it gets hot? Post on mothernatureracing.com and ask her to turn down the heat?

If you are want "good track prep" for heads up racing you have to travel, period. If you are not willing to travel then learn to set your stuff up to run on less than perfect conditions.

Maybe go to some actual big events and race? When I ran NHRA Unleashed at trails that track was set on kill. Granted, they had NHRA people doing the prep, but bigger events bring out faster people and bring track prep.

Marion is a joke, they don't prep for TnT nights, and do just as shitty job of clean up if not worse than trails. I have been there 4 times, made 20-30 hits there and only had MAYBE 2 clean passes.

Yup, renting a track is fucking stress enough. Everyone thinks it's super easy and all they want to do is bitch. I gladly would tell them to DO IT YOURSELF. IF they even had the pair to try, they would always thank me after for setting them up and vow not to bother ever again.

Your missing the point. all tracks are skimping on track prep. i just think for a track rental it should include a pass or two with track bite. no way that should kill the budget. or offer it like bg is in may.

10 bucks a gallon im shure more fast cars would go.

See above reply. SET IT UP YOURSELF.

Why don't you step up rent the track and buy them some track glue so you and all your friends can run your super fast awesome cars there and quit fucking bitching?

Is this how winter is going to be? Someone with "8s on E85" on their windsheild running 9s and blaming everyone else for 6 months?

Yup....

That's the problem. He's jinxing himself by doing that. I have been to 3 tracks in Ohio and those are:

Quaker City. Good track other than the water box is like trying to do a burnout over the Rocky Mountains.

42 and Norwalk. Believe it or not but there is some bad cars up this way that a lot of people don't know about. And most of them have been here. I've seen them make plenty of passes there that go way faster than you have. I personally have ran my fastest time at Norwalk. But TNT is so packed that no one goes there cause its crowded by a bunch of slow ass shit. So the remaining go to 42 and fill that place up on there TNT nights. He'll I even ran on the track for the last 3 years with snow on the track every New Years Day lol

Good info. I've been meaning to hit up QCR but since their TNT is Friday and my typical Friday is a mess I haven't been able to make it.

I will try pacemakers and I bet its the same as kilkare and marion this yr. I've had good 60fts at trails when they prep the track. I've had a 1.28 60 there but consistantly trails is the worst I try. Yes I've lefr with 3psi 7ps 2psi and 15psi. Track day 1.5 60 best and had to let out 3 of 4 passes and got all screwy at 660ft mark but I pulled it back in the grove.

Maybe ill stick to only racing my camaro there since its for slow cars. Or track events only! Lol

You do telecom don't you?

*****YAWNS****

This thead is full of fail

Matt why are you in this thread when you should be figuring out why that turd of yours hasnt ran an 8 in three years?

You have steam rollers for tires, you really cant hook?

WINNER!

/thread

What you will need:

plastic tubing, track prep, a cheap electronic pump, paint, hanging brackets, bolts nuts, wrenches, drill/drill bit, container, toggle switch, wiring.

Putting it together:

Connect the plastic tube to the top of the wheel well. If done properly it should drips sideways across 6 inches of the tire. to avoid questions in tech it can be camouflaged/hidden. The tubing will go into the container filled with track prep. The pump should be inline for best results. Wire the pump and switch. Test and adjust for optimum results.

When the track sucks

Turn on your switch and let the track prep drip on the tires. Do this just before a burn out and a few drips a little afterwards.

This has been another edition of Backyard Racing. *The views in this post are in no way the views of Columbus Racing. If you put water or chocolate milk in the system and crash you are an idiot. Being an idiot is not illegal however it is frowned upon. If you do not know if you are an idiot please consult with a licensed professional before making an attempt to install this system.

What you will need:

plastic tubing, track prep, a cheap electronic pump, paint, hanging brackets, bolts nuts, wrenches, drill/drill bit, container, toggle switch, wiring.

Putting it together:

Connect the plastic tube to the top of the wheel well. If done properly it should drips sideways across 6 inches of the tire. to avoid questions in tech it can be camouflaged/hidden. The tubing will go into the container filled with track prep. The pump should be inline for best results. Wire the pump and switch. Test and adjust for optimum results.

When the track sucks

Turn on your switch and let the track prep drip on the tires. Do this just before a burn out and a few drips a little afterwards.

This has been another edition of Backyard Racing. *The views in this post are in no way the views of Columbus Racing. If you put water or chocolate milk in the system and crash you are an idiot. Being an idiot is not illegal however it is frowned upon. If you do not know if you are an idiot please consult with a licensed professional before making an attempt to install this system.

Not sure if real or sarcastic

After following this thread I have come up with 3 very simple conclusions.

A: you must have the worst case of cerapalsy I have ever seen, or your typing and grammar is so degenerate that you cannot figure our that "shure" and sure.... Are not the same, as well as "Evan" and even.

B. minus being a giant fucking moron with a trashy side dish, you are the most illogical meat headed, thunder cunt known on this board. We get it, you hate trails, you are too lazy to drive to a decent venue, and you don't do shit but TNT. Reallifeproblems

C. My favorite, you equate how fast someone's car is to their I.q level. By your logic, you would assume that you are the 3rd or 4th most educated person on cr. making us essentially wild jungle animals. You have to be one of the dumbest people on the board. You've it 60k or more wrapped up in a race truck that you run 9s in, you talk about safety but partake in a high risk sport, and then you say Norwalk sucks but Marion is awesome... Please tell me why nhra goes up to Norwalk and Marion can't get enough cars to do a grudge night... Please off yourself and make us all less dumb from reading your child like posts.

Wait......I thought "evan" was a dude nobody gives a shit about??

I wasn't saying your suspension sucks or anything like that. I was mearly suggesting maybe you could try slightly different setting and angles. So you are running a four-link out back. How do you like it? (other than trails) Have yuo ever tried runnig a ladder bar set up? I have basically stock upgraded stuff on the Cutlass. I have solid single adjustable uppers and southside lifts for the rears. I also only have stock shocks and drag springs. I am looking at a ladder bar for my over winter project. I have wondered if changing to a true 4-link would be better? Any suggestions?

I love the 4 link. Besides trails the truck 60fts prety much the same I mean within a few thou. I usually hit 3 sometimes 4 diff tracks a season. I'm adding a antiroll bar this winter it really should be quicker to 60ft.

I'm also moving the motor back 3 to 4 " to help with the weight a little. Ill have my new 1000sq ft garage in 2 weeks. I'm also buying a set of scales. Gona move crap arround till I'm happy with it.

There is a short bed s10 on s10racer.com tubbed like mine 1.24 60 ft on a non adj qa1 shock.

I have koni spa1 double adj. And the key is shock adj. Once the 4 link is set its set like a ladderbar. U can raise a ladder up and down for harder or softer hit.

Another problem I have is I'm actually faster with the 4.56s but it skates all over the track causethe wheel speed coms up so fast. I only have a manual boost controller. No ramp. Launch off the brake 11 to 13psi and 15 all the wa down.

Trails used to be my fav track. Would work all the time. Did u guys watch the track prep? I did they sprayed 0 times in the am and 0 times through the day. That's why I'm complaining. If we can pay for track bite cool have everyone pay 5 bucks more and spray the bitch a few times.

Ray why don't u come to cr track rentals. Id bet u 1000 bucks u wouldent have went 100 ft without a wall in your face. It was bad. When my big ass steamrollers as u call them can't hook I'm shure your setup would have been extra dicey. But since u weren't there guess we will never know. HUH

Trails used to be my fav track. Would work all the time. Did u guys watch the track prep? I did they sprayed 0 times in the am and 0 times through the day. That's why I'm complaining. If we can pay for track bite cool have everyone pay 5 bucks more and spray the bitch a few times.

Ray why don't u come to cr track rentals. Id bet u 1000 bucks u wouldent have went 100 ft without a wall in your face. It was bad. When my big ass steamrollers as u call them can't hook I'm shure your setup would have been extra dicey. But since u weren't there guess we will never know. HUH

Funny thing is you talk about fast cars this and that. What do you do besides test and tune bub? While your bitching about dw42 and trails ray is out really racing. Really making a name for himself. You are like the tallest dude playing rec ball with 3 others 5th graders. Feel like a Bauce don't you?

I agree to a point you think for the money they collect for track rental they would spray it more. I know they have to pay the help and still keep a profit margin. But you know for the little amount of money I paid for the NTR rental Id have zero problems doubling that amount if the other 25 bucks went into having the track sprayed a minimum of 2 times and dragged.

But even after emails Ive sent over the year, unless their is a collective hold out of people going to the track, Trails and the like will never feel the hurt.

I also feel fortunate to even have tracks in operation... many places are seeing tracks closing down.