Official 2012-2013 Basketball Thread

bicranium

I know there are a few people who care about college basketball especially. Maybe a little NBA but not much.

OSU opens up the regular season on Friday in Charleston, SC playing on a mofuggin' aircraft carrier against Marquette. Deshaun Thomas is going to be shooting from the ocean.

• 2 weeks later...
Lmfao is all I have to say

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8658462/jack-taylor-grinnell-drops-138-points-collegiate-scoring-record

52-108 from the field

27-for-71 from the 3-point line

His arms had to be tired

I would hate to play on his team.

Bearcats looking good so far. Sitting at 6-0, won the tourney in Vegas they went to, including big wins against Iowa State and Oregon. Our back court is looking pretty formidable, but will be interesting to see how the post game develops with no new big man standing out yet.

#4 OSU @ #2 Duke tonight. Should get a better idea of just how good this OSU team actually is.

I'd love to see us win tonight but I know Duke has this game circled because of what we did to them last year. The Big Ten is looking very tough so far though, Indiana dominated and Minnessota and Michigan also looked very strong.

I can't believe how good Indiana is to be honest. I remember when OSU played Indiana in football this year on the BTN and the announcers were talking about Indiana likely being pre-season #1 for basketball and I kinda laughed thinking they were just misinformed idiots. Turns out that was me. Amazing how much difference the right coach can make.

That game reminded me of the Kansas game last year in the final four. We controlled the majority of the game but Matta was outcoached. I want to know who was calling the offense, no reason to be taking half of the shots they took.

It seemed like Smith and Scott would dribble for a second, then throw up garbage later in the 2nd half. They are better than that and Puke decided to actually rebound in the 2nd half, so it was one and done on the offensive end for OSU. I honestly didn't know what to expect out of OSU this game, but they played well enough to be ahead for most of the game at Cameron Indoor. Definitely surprised me a little. Thomas is still a scoring beast by the way.

That was still a great game. Hate seeing Ohio State lose but they gave good indicators of what they are capable of. Hopefully they see what they did wrong, and more importantly fix it early on. I'd love to see this team make it deep into March. They definitely have the talent to, now they all just need to put it together and make it flow all the time.

OSU looked good, even with the loss. Duke is always going to be TOUGH to beat. Good news is in the loss it showed OSU was a good team, not an overrated team.

Very true. Especially since I was wondering if they deserved to be ranked so high after losing the players that they did.

• 4 weeks later...
Bearcats are now 12-0 and ranked 8th. Good game on Thursday ( after the Belk bowl) against ranked New Mexico.

It should be a decent game, but it would have been more exciting if New Mexico hadn't just lost. Now lets see how high Cincy can go, since OSU has already lost 2 games.

• 4 weeks later...