GM-Silent recall-2011-13 trucks-Undercoating

koolrayz

A couple of months ago I was changing my oil and noticed the frame was rusting and the undercoating was peeling off anywhere there was an edge on the frame. Any hole, gusset or seam and it would actually peal off in a sheet.

I took it to the dealer and he told me he would look into it. Well come to find out they know they have a problem, gave me a rental car and are fixing it using a product called Rust Bullet Automotive formula and Rust Bullet Black Shell. I will let everyone know how it works out.

No. Any dealer's customer service and warranty process is fucking horrible.

Fixed ;)

Warranty work on any Mustang is always a pain. The "it's been raced" comment usually comes out, even it is wasn't. What the hell does Ford expect people who buy them to do?

The sad thing is, the service orders on ours are always annotated with "vehicle is stock, unmodified, no signs of abuse, no excessive tire wear".

Yet Ford, even their corporate office, still lacks in the above mentioned areas.

Fixed ;)

Warranty work on any Mustang is always a pain. The "it's been raced" comment usually comes out, even it is wasn't. What the hell does Ford expect people who buy them to do?

Fixed ;)

Too bad Ford is that way, I have a Camaro in my bay right now with a spun rod bearing. We put a clutch in it at 5k miles, there are all kinds of signs of abuse, but we checked to see if it had a factory calibration in it, which it does, so now I get to replace the crank and rod. Stupid crappy 3.6L with a teenage driver and I have to keep warranting shit. :yuno:

and as for Ray's truck, I've seen a few doing that with the undercoating but nobody has bitched about it around here so we haven't fixed any.

As you should....

In my mind, a car should hold up to anything I can do to it within stock limits. :megusta:

If he managed to spin a rod bearing with just hard driving, that's a shitty motor.

:dumb:

I didn't say it was a good motor, there have been some rod failures. I did however say that abuse is obvious, and GM cars stand up to very little abuse.

I see it as a job security in Cordell's case.

Not when I get stuck working on this POS for about 3 days total and spend a week waiting parts to get paid maybe 15 hours.

It is job security, when the warranty pay is worth it....

Yes, granted its better then sitting around doing nothing, but it should be getting an engine not a crank and rod, stupid ass GM. The dumbass will keep beating on the fucking car and when it spins another bearing I'll be fixing for nothing because I'll get blamed for putting it together wrong. Fuck GM and their shit motors and lack of denying claims when abuse is obvious.