How To Remove a Funny Car Body

wagner

Looks cooler without the body. :fuckyeah:

Wow. Those chutes saved his butt. Looks like they came open when the body tore off?

There's a new device being used in NHRA. If the engine blows, it immediately deploys the chutes and cuts power to the fuel pumps and magnetos. (not that that matters much to one of these engines, but still) There was an article in Racecar Engineering about it. Pretty cool stuff. The big benefit is that it can deploy the chutes even if the initial kaboom knocks the driver out.

That has to be an insane feeling when that motor pops like that. I have been standing on the fence at Norwalk when a motor blows and you feel the heat blast and shock that far away.

This dude has the motor sitting a few feet from his kibble and bits when it lets go, and he keeps the car off the wall?

Another level of mancard my friends....

I can only imagine the adrenaline rush from that. I've never been in anything that fast before but I have gotten loose in my own car when I hit water inside the the 60' before. I ended op in the other lane before the 60' pylon, luckily the car I was racing was leaking in the burn out box other wise I would have nailed him. After I got control I was puttering down the track and I culd feel my whole body shaking. After something like this I bet I wouldn't hardly be able to stand up from the adrenaline.

That has to be an insane feeling when that motor pops like that. I have been standing on the fence at Norwalk when a motor blows and you feel the heat blast and shock that far away.

This dude has the motor sitting a few feet from his kibble and bits when it lets go, and he keeps the car off the wall?

Another level of mancard my friends....

still can't come close to these guys

Insert caption from :45 seconds in the video till about :55

"Hold on, I got this"

:fuckyeah:

EDIT - i like how he also goes full lock left as if it will help!!!!

Someone needs to make a voiceover for this video using Kimi's "Leave me alone, I know what I am doing.":lolguy: