AT&T LTE Live in Columbus?

Sonjuro

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I gotta wonder how the hell these speeds are possible for you guys. Is it just lack of traffic? Or is that a consistent legit expectation? For instance, I'm at 6MB down and 2MB up on VZW at work, usually a bit better at home.

I think it's an AT&T thing as everyone I know using the iP5 and LTE across the country if in an area where LTE is up is pulling down speeds like that and better. I was just in clearwater and even my 4s was pulling down 8mb. My coworker's LTE was in the 50's. down.

ummm how many times have you ran it lol, should be like 10MB or so

Maybe 10 times or so....back to back. I had no idea testing was that thirsty. I'm over 2gb now and now sure when my month is over..Gotta make a call in the morn.

OK I gotta wonder how the hell these speeds are possible for you guys. Is it just lack of traffic? Or is that a consistent legit expectation? For instance, I'm at 6MB down and 2MB up on VZW at work, usually a bit better at home.

You're on a LTE phone/network? Those are the numbers I was getting on 4G.

I did 3 test outside of my house, 12-32 down/10-12 up. That's faster than my home internet and I still have unlimited (5GB cap IIRC), so the question is do I not use my wifi while I'm at home? I usually only use about 1GB on a normal month outside of the house. I guess we could finally update (buy a new faster) our router to see if that helps with wifi speeds at all.

You're on a LTE phone/network? Those are the numbers I was getting on 4G.

I did 3 test outside of my house, 12-32 down/10-12 up. That's faster than my home internet and I still have unlimited (5GB cap IIRC), so the question is do I not use my wifi while I'm at home? I usually only use about 1GB on a normal month outside of the house. I guess we could finally update (buy a new faster) our router to see if that helps with wifi speeds at all.

Verizon 4G on a (FINALLY FUCKING UPDATED TO ICS, JUST AFTER JELLYBEAN ROLLS OUT) Moto Droid Bionic.

I'm usually on wifi for both work and home which is substantially slower, but even with that I still use 1GB+ VZW data per month. If I didn't have wifi I'd probably be at 10GB+ :dumb:

At this point if I were to switch to TMo, hit their data cap and get throttled down, I'd still be at a faster speed than a normal day on Sprint. Problem there is they don't have service in places I go, like my mom's house. And I won't switch to Verizon or ATT. I'd rather move to a prepaid deal so it costs half as much but then I get the same shitty service. I see no way to win.

At least if you go T-Mobile. You can use WiFi calling where there's WiFi. So that's a big plus for areas that may not have coverage but has WiFi.

I have absolutely no signal at all with sprint in my house. I live in worthington

Are you guys finding any dead zones in between LTE coverage? I'm getting times where it'll just say AT&T and show bars but no 4G or LTE or even 3G or E....just nothing. When that happens I have zero data and I've never had it happen in the last 3 years with AT&T until now.

Verizon 4G on a (FINALLY FUCKING UPDATED TO ICS, JUST AFTER JELLYBEAN ROLLS OUT) Moto Droid Bionic.

I'm usually on wifi for both work and home which is substantially slower, but even with that I still use 1GB+ VZW data per month. If I didn't have wifi I'd probably be at 10GB+ :dumb:

I've been on ICS on my bionic for 4 months, root your shit.

Are you guys finding any dead zones in between LTE coverage? I'm getting times where it'll just say AT&T and show bars but no 4G or LTE or even 3G or E....just nothing. When that happens I have zero data and I've never had it happen in the last 3 years with AT&T until now.

this has been happening to me since August between East Broad and Havens Corner along Waggoner Rd.

this has been happening to me since August between East Broad and Havens Corner along Waggoner Rd.

That area of Blacklick has a lot of reception problems with ATT and Verizon. There are three towers surrounding the area that just miss coverage within that area and they won't build a new tower to get better coverage.

I've also noticed it happening when I leave my home and go off of my wifi. It's like it takes the phone a few minutes to find the LTE signal and in the meantime it's in a dead zone. Pretty annoying though that it lasts long enough for me to walk out to my car, and hook my phone up to my radio and then it says no signal (trying to stream music).

I've also noticed it happening when I leave my home and go off of my wifi. It's like it takes the phone a few minutes to find the LTE signal and in the meantime it's in a dead zone. Pretty annoying though that it lasts long enough for me to walk out to my car, and hook my phone up to my radio and then it says no signal (trying to stream music).

I don't get that at all.

I've noticed mine drop from indicating 4g LTE to "4g", and it dropped to Edge once. It seems to prefer LTE tho, and quickly reconnects to the LTE signal. I've hit no dead zones, including leaving my home wifi.

Big numbers! It took about 2 seconds to upload this screen shot:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/loaded321/Screenshot_2012-11-19-11-45-02.png