Amazon.com

87GT

The thing is, amazon just bought Kiva. Which is a robotic system that GAP uses.

The way all of it works is pretty cool.

(Nathan programmed all of the gap warehouses for the new Kiva system)

Kiva is really cool.. if you are interested warehouse functioning at all, how they work/learn is really impressive.

That place is incredible. I shop from them for nearly everything.

x2 I normally prefer to impulse head to micro center and support local if I need some misc stuff but I priced out some photo printer ink that I needed and at MicroCenter my order was $85, Amazon with Prime (free delivery) $69.

Can't pass up a $16 savings when all I have to do is wait like 1-2 days.

I never would have thought Amazon was so behind on warehouse technology. But I guess if they just bought Kiva that will all change soon...

They acquired it back in march, and since zappos and GAP already have the systems in place I'm getting all the amazon warehouses done will be cake for kiva.

What's cool about kiva is how it learns what's selling most and keeps it closer to the front of all the crates and lesser known items in the back.

For instance at Christmas time, all holiday merchandise will slowly start being rearranged by the bots to be neR the front for less travel time to get to the pickers.

That is pretty much what the warehouse looks like that I work at. Doing the IT stuff in this building sucks ass. I wish I had a golf cart. I'm sure I walk at least 10 miles a day. By the time I get home, I'm so fucking tired that I don't want to do anything.

They are way behind on their systems, I've been to several of their warehouses in Phoenix to pickup/deliver loads and they're always cancelled as their system is down, or they can't find the load info, or they can't find the load, or they can't print the paperwork......etc....etc....

I don't know how they get anything done.