A walk down CR memory lane.

DTM Brian

I just got home from going for a drive tonight. I can not believe how warm it is out side. If this was 2001 I know where a number of us would have been tonight. We would have been hanging out in a parking lot off of Route 40 in between Reynoldsburg and Pataskala. Nissan 300Z's, LT1 and LS1 F bodies, Foxbody Mustangs, and a few rotaries would be out having some fun before the term "roll racing" came to be.

Long story short. If I could go back in time to December of 2001, I know where I would be. I would be in the seat of a green LT1 camaro powershifting 5th gear just past 1320 feet. :)

• Upvote 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life priorities change and there are not as many decent entry level paying jobs that there once were for younger folks to blow money on.

Is it just me or were the early to mid 2000's year way better then what I thought at the time?

I just got home from going for a drive tonight. I can not believe how warm it is out side. If this was 2001 I know where a number of us would have been tonight. We would have been hanging out in a parking lot off of Route 40 in between Reynoldsburg and Pataskala. Nissan 300Z's, LT1 and LS1 F bodies, Foxbody Mustangs, and a few rotaries would be out having some fun before the term "roll racing" came to be.

Long story short. If I could go back in time to December of 2001, I know where I would be. I would be in the seat of a green LT1 camaro powershifting 5th gear just past 1320 feet. :)

An LT1 with far too many exhaust pipes.

And an rx7 in the other lane .

Wasn't I riding with you that night? Either that or I was in Alex's FD that you were racing. Few too many years and races ago lol

Jeff

Wasn't I riding with you that night? Either that or I was in Alex's FD that you were racing. Few too many years and races ago lol

Jeff

We used to race all night..... its insane how much the scene changed in our life time. I know some old timers talk about the 70s and lots of racing.

BRB.. going to pull my e-brake at the end of the race to be cool.

<----This guy was a little concerned how things were going to turn out.

Foxbody mustangs do not stop the best in stock form.

It's ok Thorne. I still have tuner love for you. :lolguy: