A walk down CR memory lane.

DTM Brian

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the old days too from 05/06. Broad street meets, and 161 cleveland ave... good times.

Damn. I guess it's all perspective. I was thinking more like '01. I missed out on a lot of the "later", to me, stuff. Nothing like standing around in 30 degree weather to see a couple of 12-13 second cars make a pass on 40.

Damn. I guess it's all perspective. I was thinking more like '01. I missed out on a lot of the "later", to me, stuff. Nothing like standing around in 30 degree weather to see a couple of 12-13 second cars make a pass on 40.

Well I would have been im sure but in 01 I wasnt old enough to drive, I wasnt even in high school haha

I'm going to date myself here a bit but I was out of the scene by '00, we did have a good run between '95 and '99. Aftere that I sold the S-10 and moved on.

Forever a gear head, no longer a street racer.

S10 would light up the sky on westbelt.

True Story.:fuckyeah:

I remember staying warm standing in the exhaust fumes of an STi while it was snowing. Man...I'm an idiot. lol

Don't forget about the cruises from Ritter's Frozen Custard.

My very first night meeting up I rolld into Ritters in my Tercel and parked in a sea of doritos, a Supra, and an f-body or two. That first cruise was awesome.

Ouch lol. What all did you have done to that car? Hell i think i was running about that with gears, cai, exaust and mail order tune.

rockers, exhaust and some other minor stuff. That was in 02-03ish. 04-05 I threw the supercharger and cam in it.

Well I would have been im sure but in 01 I wasnt old enough to drive, I wasnt even in high school haha

Makes it hard to go out and do that then. There were a few of the kids of guys that were out back then. A few of them made it on here and went out once they had their own toys. That's what made me feel old one night. Friend looks at me and says "That's so and so's son" I remembered when he was much younger. Kind of cool to have the varying ages to get a feel for "The good old days". Everyone has their ideas of that, but nothing like rolling out to the east side and finding something along the way to play with. Track only for me these days, but it was a hell of a good time back then.

I really enjoyed the 2003-2005 era. That's when 450rwhp was enough to translate into being decently fast on the street. If you had anything above 700rwhp you were basically a street racing god. Street racing was - and still is - a fairly idiotic endeavor, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't have a lot of very fond memories from back then.

Meets that come to mind: Kroger on E. Broad, the shit-show up on 161, Hooters on E. Main, and ultra late-rendezvous at Target/Polaris.