Made in America!

BigOxley

First off, I don't want this to turn into a political or ideological debate. I personally want to start buying more things made in the good ol' US of A. But, I realize there a several products in which this is not possible. The idea for the thread is to get ideas, help each other locate products, product reviews, pics, or whatever but try to keep it on-topic as possible.

Here is a fairly decent website that lists some American products:

http://www.americansworking.com/

Automotive specific:

http://www.americansworking.com/autoparts.html

I heard that there were no TVs made in America. The website listed one company that, at least, assembles in Detroit:

http://www.elementelectronics.com/

more links:

http://www.madeinusa.org/

I have not purchased any gifts for christmas this year and I want to keep as many USA products as I can. I feel like it's a little thing that I can do to help give the country a little kick in the butt. It's not much, but it's something.

Anyone know where i can get a good 'Merican ice scraper?

(don't mind the foreign cars i drive, lol)

Edited by BigOxley

I'm sorry in advance. I'm all in for buying American made goods, but how and where do I draw the line?

Example:

Budweiser beers, made in the USA, actually in almost every cities in the USA, but the parent company is not American.

Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru,....are all now build in America, but the parent companies are not American.

Nike, The Limited, Victoria's Secret, Ford,.....are not made here in the USA, but the parent companies are here in the USA.

Do you see where I'm heading to? The line is not black and white any more, it's a massive shade of gray. Like I said earlier I'm not trying stir the pot, I just want to be enlighten.

I'm sorry in advance. I'm all in for buying American made goods, but how and where do I draw the line?

Example:

Budweiser beers, made in the USA, actually in almost every cities in the USA, but the parent company is not American.

Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru,....are all now build in America, but the parent companies are not American.

Nike, The Limited, Victoria's Secret, Ford,.....are not made here in the USA, but the parent companies are here in the USA.

Do you see where I'm heading to? The line is not black and white any more, it's a massive shade of gray. Like I said earlier I'm not trying stir the pot, I just want to be enlighten.

This

Why not buy a locally brewed beer? Not only is it American, your dollars stay in your community.

Four strings (Grandview)

Zauber ( Grandview)

Barley’s (Short north)

Columbus brewing company (downtown)

Elevator (downtown)

For me Local is always going to be a better option than just 'made/assembled in America'

Example:

i hear ya. i'm leaning more towards manufacturing.

How can you overlook this: http://www.penngrade1.com/

Penn Grade 1® High Performance Oils

The term “100% Pure Pennsylvania Grade Crude Oil” has long carried with it an industry connotation for being one of the best sources of high quality lubricant base stocks in the world. Our BRAD PENN® refinery, the oldest continuously operating lube oil refinery in the United States, still refines 100% Pennsylvania grade crude oil. PA grade crude oil is a very thermally stable paraffinic crude oil which contains no asphaltic constituents. This makes it an ideal choice from which to refine premium quality base oils. Because we use only one crude stock, our refined products are of consistently high quality and performance.

BRAD PENN® brand products are truly “MADE IN THE U.S.A.” American Refining Group’s Bradford, PA refinery is the home of “The Green Oil®” that racers, engine builders and enthusiasts alike have all come to know and love! The unique green color and outstanding performance of our Penn Grade 1 High Performance Oils set them apart from the competition.

BRAD PENN® Penn Grade 1® High Performance Oils are formulated using a unique base oil cut from our tower, which gives our Penn Grade 1® High Performance Oils exceptional film strength. This unique base oil causes our Penn Grade 1®High Performance Oil to cling tenaciously to engine parts to minimize wear during high engine torque loading and/or periods of heavily stressed operation such as those experienced during competition. This same oil ‘cling’ helps prevent ‘dry-start’ conditions to minimize wear even after the engine has been sitting idle for extended periods.

BRAD PENN® Penn Grade 1® High Performance Oils also contain highly effective detergent and dispersant additives to guarantee exceptional engine cleanliness as well as oxidation and foam inhibitors that offer protection against thermal degradation and air entrainment.

In addition to our unique base oil cut, increased concentration of “zinc” (zinc dialkyldithiophosphate a.k.a. ZDDP) provides outstanding anti-wear/anti-scuffing protection for engines employing either ‘flat tappet’ or roller cams. BRAD PENN® Penn Grade 1® High Performance Oils have been evaluated by a number of premiere camshaft manufacturers with tremendous success. Many are now recommending our Penn Grade 1® High Performance Oils to provide outstanding protection for their ‘flat tappet’ or roller cams.

The American Refining Group, Inc. offers a comprehensive line of BRAD PENN® lubricants such as gear oil, grease and other items to meet the majority of High Performance needs. We also offer a complete line of lubricants for today’s passenger car, fleet, commercial and industrial applications.

Thanks for this thread.

I look for and ask for American made constantly. It's not always an option, but it usually is. Latest thing was 2 pairs of nice boots. Buckeye Outdoors and a couple mall stores basically told me I wouldn't find any. Ended up at ZZ Boots just because a couple other stores were closed. Found several.

On a sad/ironic note, I just received my free NRA hat in the mail today... made in China.

I'd rather buy from a company that's builds products in the US and is headquartered elsewhere, than one that is headquartered in the US and builds stuff elsewhere. If it's built in the US, yes some of the money goes overseas, but a lot gets put into regular people's hands here in the US.

That said, if a superior product is made outside the US, I'll still buy it. Quality and features supercede nationality in my buying decisions.