Company Christmas Party

BDHG940

What's your thoughts and stories on the annual company Christmas party? Discuss

1. Never be "that guy"

2. Don't get Mel Gibson drunk

3. Forget any great idea you had that needs to be talked about with your bosses boss after your 45th shot of wild turkey.

4. Avoid unstable co-workers that have drank a bunch.

When I worked at Enterprise Rent A Car the holiday parties were nuts.

I had to walk a co-worker back to his room after he sat in the lobby of the hotel in his boxes waiting on another co-worker to come back from the club so they could "talk". The hotel staff was terrified of him because of his size alone, and the fact he was drunk and mumbling in his underroos.

1. Never be "that guy"

3. Forget any great idea you had that needs to be talked about with your bosses boss after your 45th shot of wild turkey.

I had to walk a co-worker back to his room after he sat in the lobby of the hotel in his boxes waiting on another co-worker to come back from the club so they could "talk". The hotel staff was terrified of him because of his size alone, and the fact he was drunk and mumbling in his underroos.

you always have the funnest drunk stories :lol:

you always have the funnest drunk stories :lol:

I have seen some shit that defies the rules of physics and commons sense when booze is put in play.

Next time you see my wife ask her about the time that I almost got arrested at Lucky's in Hilliard. When a cop says "put the beer down" that does not mean try to chug it and put down an empty bottle...

1. Never be "that guy"

I have seen you close to this at one of my parties. It was freaking great. Have no fear, the couch will be set up again soon once me move back in town.

As for Company parties, I get tired of the "doing it for the families". We are doing a lunch with the the workers at a place we can drink. That, I think will be fun. Over planning to make it a "grand event" has turned into a pain in the ass too many times.

I have seen you close to this at one of my parties. It was freaking great. Have no fear, the couch will be set up again soon once me move back in town.

My live still does not forgive me for those parties, I am sure the waitress at Marie Scramblers is still in therapy after our visit :lolguy:

One of my finance managers hosts it at his house. He goes all out with food and drinks, plus he's got a nice house with Foosball and ping pong tables. If someone is opening their house and preparing food for everyone, I'll be there. :)

Ours is friday night. They have rented out Plank's on parsons for the night, open bar, and we have to work a 10 starting at 6am on Saturday. I'll just be having a drink or 2 and mingling to get to know some people since I just started working for this company.

When I got back from Boston I went to my parents'/their company Xmas party. Good times all around, did the "so what are you doing now" thing, and left before it got wild.

Fast forward 3 hours, I'd been drinking with a couple friends and wanted to steal some leftover booze from the party, so my buddies and I swing past the folk's house. Walk in through the garage and see them and 3 couples pounding shots of tequila in various states of semi-consciousness in the living room. Say a quick hello, snag a bottle of bourbon, and head out on my way.

Fas forward to the next morning. Call from Mom nice and early

"Hey when you came back last night, was Ed(friend) with us?"

"Yeah..."

"Because Deb (Ed's wife) has no idea where he is"

"Well he can't have gone far, they live down the street"

"Well, he definitely did because we lost him last night and organized a search party to [drunkenly] canvas the neighborhood and couldn't find him"

Fast forward 1 hour. Text from mom "Deb found him. Apparently last night he walked home and fell asleep under his desk in the study".

The moral of the story is don't be Ed.

We usually just do lunch somewhere with a limit on total spent, alcohol included. They then let us off early. They changed it this year to lunch with a limit, but we have to go back to work so no beverage. Luckily I like some of the people I work with, so free food during the work day isn't a bad thing.

I work for a bank that hates its employees, well perhaps its just this department lol. Plus I work with a bunch of idiots that I wouldn't want to see outside of work anyways.

I think it's just your department ;)

Although our original plan was to rent a room at Dave and Buster's, but the boss' boss nixed that. Oh well, free food (Carfagna's) and soda and a half paid day off.