Come debate gun control with me

RedRocket1647545505

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having guns will reduce the number of gun accidents caused by... guns

A criminal is a criminal. They will get what they want by doing whatever they can, lawfully or unlawfully.

This is like saying fast food should be banned for causing obesity. The notion that banning weapons will end violent and widespread killings is completely preposterous.

A man in China killed 20-some people with a knife. Lets outlaw knives as well since people can be killed with those.

Then people will use forks, so might as well ban those.

My point here is this, the focus shouldn't be on guns. From what I've heard (and this all could be hearsay) is that the guy had some form of Autism, whether it be Auspergers or Autism, I'm not sure. I heard his mother owned the guns and took him out to shoot with her and his Mother told people to basically "watch out for this kid."

But yet, why weren't the guns kept completely inaccessible to him?

Maybe this all should be aimed at tweaking some minor bits of laws to where people without the mental capacity to make sound decisions without a firearm, and are proven to be unsafe to themselves like those with a mental disability don't have the access to firearms in their homes. I'm not trying to be funny about this at all, and If my facts are incorrect someone please correct me. But it would make sense in my eyes that you don't keep anything deadly near such a person.

Okay, new hypothetical:

You have the power to choose who has firearms and who doesn't. Who, if anyone, gets firearms, and who doesn't? And please expatiate (i.e., discuss your rationale).

Nobody. I'm a fan of MAD between the government (tinfoil hat on) and the common citizen. Giving firearms to any one group is a bad idea, IMO, as that group is bound to eventually exploit their dominance.

I'll go out on a limb and say more guns will solve this. Want to see why?

Lets say I'm this guy in CT.

I know that 80% of Americans have a CCW and carry daily. And that teachers have immediate access to firearms. Will I still go through with it knowing this? Potentially and more than likely yes.

How much quicker does this fool get stopped?

Instead of going to multiple classrooms someone comes out guns blazing and drops this fool.

As a side note I saw something on FaceBook about giving unemployed vets jobs as security at schools. Makes sense, the grunts from what I hear have the highest unemployment rate, and would subsequently have the highest training in security and protection. Put 1 per 50 students or whatever per school and that shithead doesn't even get into the school.

A criminal is a criminal. They will get what they want by doing whatever they can, lawfully or unlawfully.

This is like saying fast food should be banned for causing obesity. The notion that banning weapons will end violent and widespread killings is completely preposterous.

A man in China killed 20-some people with a knife. Lets outlaw knives as well since people can be killed with those.

Then people will use forks, so might as well ban those.

My point here is this, the focus shouldn't be on guns. From what I've heard (and this all could be hearsay) is that the guy had some form of Autism, whether it be Auspergers or Autism, I'm not sure. I heard his mother owned the guns and took him out to shoot with her and his Mother told people to basically "watch out for this kid."

But yet, why weren't the guns kept completely inaccessible to him?

Maybe this all should be aimed at tweaking some minor bits of laws to where people without the mental capacity to make sound decisions without a firearm, and are proven to be unsafe to themselves like those with a mental disability don't have the access to firearms in their homes. I'm not trying to be funny about this at all, and If my facts are incorrect someone please correct me. But it would make sense in my eyes that you don't keep anything deadly near such a person.

So I post that not having guns will stop gun accidents. You know, because you cant have gun accidents without... guns. You post about autism, a guy in China, murders, obesity, criminals...

WHAT IN THE FUCK HAPPENED HERE?!?!?

Nobody. I'm a fan of MAD between the government (tinfoil hat on) and the common citizen. Giving firearms to any one group is a bad idea, IMO, as that group is bound to eventually exploit their dominance.

So, either no one has guns, or everyone gets them. I can dig it.

So I post that not having guns will stop gun accidents. You know, because you cant have gun accidents without... guns. You post about autism, a guy in China, murders, obesity, criminals...

So by gun accidents are you referring to accidental discharges or what?

WHAT IN THE FUCK HAPPENED HERE?!?!?

CR HAPPENS

So by gun accidents are you referring to accidental discharges or what?

Im talking about normal everyday people not being able to hurt themselves with guns by accident because they are illegal. I could give a damn if a criminal Cheddar Bobs himself :lolguy:

So, either no one has guns, or everyone gets them. I can dig it.

I think whether you're pro gun or not firearm safety and some type of course about them should be made mandatory in schools. My 9 year old can strip and reassemble a gun and knows more about safe handling than my neighbor who barely knows how to hold one or release the magazine.

Im talking about normal everyday people not being able to hurt themselves with guns by accident because they are illegal. I could give a damn if a criminal Cheddar Bobs himself :lolguy:

Then I misunderstood your original statement and got off on some sort of rant :fuuuu: :lolguy:

There is not one person I that has a LARGE gun collection, including AR’s, AK’s M 16’s…ect. That is not a fucking weirdo.

I am sure there is some difference in a rural area such as where I live compared to a bigger city like Cleveland or Columbus, but around here it is just about the opposite.

Everyone that I personally know with multiple ARs are the best people I know. They are the guys that I can call and they will help me move for 3 straight days (Yes... 3 days). They are the guys who help and don't ask for anything in return. They are the guys that, as I type this, are out spending thousands of dollars on toys for less fortunate kids in my area. They do their own "Secret Santa" Except they don't accept donations, and no one knows who they are (outside of anyone that participates)

I think whether you're pro gun or not firearm safety and some type of course about them should be made mandatory in schools. My 9 year old can strip and reassemble a gun and knows more about safe handling than my neighbor who barely knows how to hold one or release the magazine.

Good idea........

........even if it is a random bullshit CR thread, but I wanted to say so.

No such thing as a gun "accident". Negligent discharge yes, but no accident. Inanimate objects don't spring to life and do as they please.

As far as Mr.Tilley's question as to who can have firearms. I'm actually open to this. Far too often I see many "new" firearm owners grabbing AR's, AK's, FAL's etc.... Given the fact, most of the persons buying these firearms have no experience with them, it does present a small issue IMO. I hate to say it, but a valid form of training would be an excellent idea. It's something that both sides could agree upon, and be a very useful tool to the general public. Call it a "Firearms Awareness Course" kind of like driver's education with guns. I'll admit, there's a bunch of oxygen thieves in the world that probably should not own anything larger than a .22.

Just my opinion, and the views expressed in this are mine.

Thank you.