New toy.

Major_golf

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get in on this challenge. I've got the space to shoot out to 1400yds if you would like to work your way out to some distance. I'd be curious just to see how my build will hold up to the finest rifle that has ever crossed the Walmart checkout line.

What does moa have to do with hiting bulseye at any yardage other than knowing how high to aim. If you cant hit close to bulseye evey shot with a simi or bolt action rifle that is sighted in at a said yardage you should probably not touch a gun at all.

For instance shit hits the fan there is some one shooting at you from 500yrds you feel that you can miss by 5in and be tottaly cool with it even though 5in left or right could mean life or death if taking a head shot.

500 yard shoot for $500?

Obviously i would lose this bet you guys say my gun nor scope is capable of hit a target at a that distance and im useing a stock trigger thats far to grity to steady the rifle for that kind of shot

Id sau i could use your 2k rifle but you alredy said it wont work either

http://www.ronspomeroutdoors.com/blog/rugers-new-american-rifle-a-winner/

second paragragh sub moa

There are many articles about this rifle shoting sub moa just google it

sorry to bring this up again still feel bad that you have a $2k rifle that cant do it.

My most sincere thoughts go out to you and your poor quality over price hunk of metal you call a gun

My experience thus far with it.

extreamly accurate less than a 1/2 in grouping at 200 yards

http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRifle/models.html

I fired one 200-yard group that went sub-MOA. That’s three bullets into a 1.2″ circle

The writer is AMAZED that he had ONE GROUP in a 1.2" circle... and he should be as it is quite a feat for such an affordable setup.

You are claiming to be more than TWICE as accurate. No one thinks you are bold face lying... they just don't think you are measuring in the same manner as the industry standard.

http://www.ronspomeroutdoors.com/blog/rugers-new-american-rifle-a-winner/

second paragragh sub moa

There are many articles about this rifle shoting sub moa just google it

sorry to bring this up again still feel bad that you have a $2k rifle that cant do it.

My most sincere thoughts go out to you and your poor quality over price hunk of metal you call a gun

Walmart rifle woes

You still backed out of my bet.

3rd groups show nothing

1/2" MOA isn't 1/4" MOA

And per their own results (Chart at the bottom), their best group of 1.34" is neither 1/4 MOA nor 1/2 MOA. It isn't even Sub-MOA.

While I am not knocking your rifle, as I'm sure it's a fine gun, it is not ever going to produced 1/4" groups without some extensive work. Especially with off the shelf ammo.

:dumb: