Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

Well, that didn't go well.... And Even before munchie got hurt, they looked SLOPPY.... It was like the win against a bad Purdue team went to their head, and they didn't prepare...

And Tuberville made some questionable calls too... Like third down and running a 159# back up the middle... Dat ain't gon work.

At least ND lost, that was pleasing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO win by 35 with your backup qb and go down a spot. OSU now 3rd in the coaches poll as well

So dumb. OSU looked legit this week too. It has to be because of uncertainty with Braxtons injury. Jacoby Jones for the ravens is out with the same stated MCL sprain and is being quoted 4-6 weeks.

I have a feeling Braxtons injury is a little more serious than they are letting on. I don't worry about OSU with Guiton against Cal or Florida A&M, it's the games against Wisconsin and Northwestern that leave me feeling a little uneasy. Hopefully Braxton's injury is exactly like they are saying it to be and he is ok. I am still anxious to see this years team completely healthy and no suspended players. I think a starter who didn't play yesterday and was over looked is Adolphius Washington, he has a groin injury apparently. The D line looked a lot better yesterday than they did in week 1 and that's without a starter playing.

I have a feeling Braxtons injury is a little more serious than they are letting on. I don't worry about OSU with Guiton against Cal or Florida A&M, it's the games against Wisconsin and Northwestern that leave me feeling a little uneasy. Hopefully Braxton's injury is exactly like they are saying it to be and he is ok. I am still anxious to see this years team completely healthy and no suspended players. I think a starter who didn't play yesterday and was over looked is Adolphius Washington, he has a groin injury apparently. The D line looked a lot better yesterday than they did in week 1 and that's without a starter playing.

Its because of allowing the dB's to play tight man, allowing the lbs to roam free, allowing the d line to attack more than just play gap contain. Roby was also a huge factor in run force support, that allows the de on his side to attack more rather than just play outside contain. It was crazy watching Roby just shut down an entire side of the field run and pass wise, allowing others to attack. I urge everyone to really focus on that for a few plays next week.

On another note, who will be coaching USC and Texas next year? Roby is an absolute stud and my favorite player the last 2 years. I thought Shazier had a pretty good game yesterday, he seemed to be around the ball at all times, especially in the first half. I didn't really pay attention but did Decker have a better game? I know Marcus Hall had a terrible one penalty wise, I believe he had 4.

On another note, who will be coaching USC and Texas next year? Roby is an absolute stud and my favorite player the last 2 years. I thought Shazier had a pretty good game yesterday, he seemed to be around the ball at all times, especially in the first half. I didn't really pay attention but did Decker have a better game? I know Marcus Hall had a terrible one penalty wise, I believe he had 4.

Is it crazy to think Herman could go to Texas for HC opportunity given OSU takes care of business? Beat me ^^

A lot of people are talking about Saban possibly being the guy. Texas is full of talent, they could prob give him 10mil a year without blinking an eye and if he wins the NC again this year at Bama, does he really have anything left to prove there?

On a side note Pryor is apparently doing pretty well in his first real start for the Raiders

So dumb. OSU looked legit this week too. It has to be because of uncertainty with Braxtons injury. Jacoby Jones for the ravens is out with the same stated MCL sprain and is being quoted 4-6 weeks.

It's not a serious sprain. He will be back next week against against Cal.

It's not a serious sprain. He will be back next week against against Cal.

I'll believe it when I see it. I question playing him next week as it is. Too many players come right back from a sprain and end up tearing something either due to weakened tendons or because of moving differently due to pain.

I think that's too big too quick for Tom. Have heard Missouri for him if Pinkel has another rough year.

Herman did become the HC at Texas in one of my NCAA 14 online dynasties though...lol.

Nah. I Dont think he leaves OSU unless its a big job like Texas. He has a lot of coaching and recruiting experience in Texas, 8 years as a coord. 2 years under Urban Meyer. I really think it happens.

Nah. I Dont think he leaves OSU unless its a big job like Texas. He has a lot of coaching and recruiting experience in Texas, 8 years as a coord. 2 years under Urban Meyer. I really think it happens.

I think Missouri would be a pretty nice first HC job for him. SEC, Texas recruiting available, not crazy expectations. Putting him at Texas with as little experience as he has would be like OSU signing Fickell long-term during the 2011 season. :no:

I think Missouri would be a pretty nice first HC job for him. SEC, Texas recruiting available, not crazy expectations. Putting him at Texas with as little experience as he has would be like OSU signing Fickell long-term during the 2011 season. :no:

No way would it be anything like that. Herman had been the sole mastermind behind record setting offenses. If he got a really good experienced DC, I think he could succeed at a program like Texas in the Big 12

Just read Ohio State's ranking by reporter in the AP, one voter has them as low as 10th lol

Bob Asmussen 1

Brent Axe 2

Greg Auman 2

John Clay 2

Keith Sargeant 2

Kyle Ringo 2

Matt McCoy 2

Nate Sandell 2

Rich Hammond 2

Rob Long 2

Seth Emerson 2

Steve Batterson 2