Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

talk all want... question at the end of the day is still the same. did you look like the number two in the nation today?

460 yards of offense, 40 points, defense gave up 5.8 yards per pass and 2.1 ypc and 13 points. All while down 5 starters for at least half the game. I'd say so.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decker was terrible, Mewhort got manhandled more than a few times but a much smaller guy, o-line just never looked coherent to me. Still, it's very early and there's a lot of figuring things out yet. All in all I'm happy with the end result.

And that "Mack" guy is a beast!!

Mack is a first rounder. Meyer said this week he'd easily start for OSU and my goodness did we see that today. Manhandled Decker and punked Mewhort on the interception.

On top of the suspensions and cramping and injuries it really seemed like the offense was "jacking around" (as Urban put it) once Linsley came out. Guess he's been battling an injury through camp and they only wanted him to play 15 or so snaps so they did that and Boren was out there the rest of the game. Saw Elflein out there at LG later in the game as well. Was really fun (scary for my Nebraska friend) to watch in that first quarter then just comical/boring the rest of the game. SDSU shouldn't tell us much more given the way they played tonight (throttled by FCS Eastern Illinois). @ Cal will tell us more. They're given Northwestern a game right now on ESPN2.

I'd like to further my point of how different the d will look with Roby and Barnett back. The top 4 tacklers last year were, in order, Shazier, Bryant, Roby, Barnett. Only 1 of those guys played a full game.

The defense didn't even do that poorly. Offense's "jacking around" basically gave Buffalo 13 points. Buffalo really had 2 good drives. One was resulted in a TD, the other resulted in a turnover on downs inside the 5 where they really killed themselves. But they had some BS penalties help them along the way.

A properly hydrated Shazier and getting Roby and Barnett back... defense will be more than fine. I was definitely more disappointed in the offense yesterday. Especially after they gave us that taste of what they were capable of in the first quarter.

The defense didn't even do that poorly. Offense's "jacking around" basically gave Buffalo 13 points. Buffalo really had 2 good drives. One was resulted in a TD, the other resulted in a turnover on downs inside the 5 where they really killed themselves. But they had some BS penalties help them along the way.

A properly hydrated Shazier and getting Roby and Barnett back... defense will be more than fine. I was definitely more disappointed in the offense yesterday. Especially after they gave us that taste of what they were capable of in the first quarter.

Roby on an island and I think this D is more than fine. First team o line in for a whole game and rod smith for short yardage situations and the o looks more competent

Yep. It was amazing how the offense just looked completely shut off once Linsley came out.

Wish they could have gone full on for 2-2 1/2 quarters then nothing but backups. Having Braxton and most of the first teamers out there with less than 5 minutes in the 4th was unsettling.

I want to see 60+ against SDSU. They were absolutely dominated by Eastern Illinois.

Yep. It was amazing how the offense just looked completely shut off once Linsley came out.

Wish they could have gone full on for 2-2 1/2 quarters then nothing but backups. Having Braxton and most of the first teamers out there with less than 5 minutes in the 4th was unsettling.

I want to see 60+ against SDSU. They were absolutely dominated by Eastern Illinois.

I'm assuming Linsley makes the line calls. That would explain the huge difference

LJ, you said Braxton made one mistake. I can think of three solid mistakes he made:

1. The interception - which has already been established.

2. Him overthrowing a wide open receiver. Shades of the Michigan from two years ago.

3. Him running out of the pocket and then eventually out of bounds, losing three yards in the process when all he needed to do was throw it in the fourth row of the stands. Can someone please tell him he's allowed to throw it away when he's out of the pocket and stop losing chunks of yards by stepping out of bounds?

Ohio State looked All-World in the first quarter. They looked shaky the rest of the way. Overall grade: C

No, they didn't look like #2 in the nation. I won't be surprised if they drop a spot or two in the polls.

Both Clemson and Georgia would beat the Ohio State team that played yesterday by two touchdowns, at least. Oregon would hang 50 on them. Alabama's defense would likely be charged with several sex offenses against Ohio State's 2nd-quarter offense.

Both Clemson and Georgia would beat the Ohio State team that played yesterday by two touchdowns, at least. Oregon would hang 50 on them. Alabama's defense would likely be charged with several sex offenses against Ohio State's 2nd-quarter offense.[/QUOTe] good thing we won't see that team the rest of the year.

Braxton made mistakes that you see anyone make really. He really stood in the pocket and only ran when he had too. I think he has one of his more complete games so farb

good thing we won't see that team the rest of the year.

Braxton made mistakes that you see anyone make really. He really stood in the pocket and only ran when he had too. I think he has one of his more complete games so farb

Well, 2 of the 3 are mistakes he's made in the past. I don't care what other people do, I care what he does. And if he's still making the same mistakes, then I'm concerned.

Maybe/hopefully it was just some rust. I'm not ready to proclaim the sky is falling.

LJ, you said Braxton made one mistake. I can think of three solid mistakes he made:

1. The interception - which has already been established.

2. Him overthrowing a wide open receiver. Shades of the Michigan from two years ago.

3. Him running out of the pocket and then eventually out of bounds, losing three yards in the process when all he needed to do was throw it in the fourth row of the stands. Can someone please tell him he's allowed to throw it away when he's out of the pocket and stop losing chunks of yards by stepping out of bounds?

Ohio State looked All-World in the first quarter. They looked shaky the rest of the way. Overall grade: C

No, they didn't look like #2 in the nation. I won't be surprised if they drop a spot or two in the polls.

Both Clemson and Georgia would beat the Ohio State team that played yesterday by two touchdowns, at least. Oregon would hang 50 on them. Alabama's defense would likely be charged with several sex offenses against Ohio State's 2nd-quarter offense.

That interception can't really be blamed completely on Miller, Mewhort also screwed up by giving a piss poor effort on blocking Mack. I keep on looking at the reply and if Mewhort would have gotten Mack on the ground instead of just diving at his feet which Mack Easily avoided, Dontre could have taken that to the house.

And who is the lineman that was playing matador with the Khalil dude? WTF? The Khalil guy didn't even make a move. He just ran forward. TRICKY

Mack mostly abused true sophomore RT Taylor Decker. His first career start and it wasn't pretty. He won't go up against guys like Mack the rest of the season though. That guy was just on fire yesterday. Made himself some money in the NFL draft I have to imagine. He's going to set the NCAA career record for TFL this season as long as he doesn't get hurt.

Mack was straight bull rushing guys who outweighed him by 50-60lbs. Monster.

The best passing performance ever in the NCAA is 30/32. Overthrows and missed passes are gonna happen. No one is perfect. I'm not gonna give any qb shit about 1 bad overthrow

And what about running out of bounds 3 yards behind line of scrimmage?

I'll hang up and listen.

That interception can't really be blamed completely on Miller, Mewhort also screwed up by giving a piss poor effort on blocking Mack. I keep on looking at the reply and if Mewhort would have gotten Mack on the ground instead of just diving at his feet which Mack Easily avoided, Dontre could have taken that to the house.

I'm not here trying to bash Miller. Just pointing out that he has some areas in which he can easily improve. Believe me, I'm glad he's the QB of my team.

And what about running out of bounds 3 yards behind line of scrimmage?

I'll hang up and listen.

He runs around too much and has a problem with his awareness of where he is on the field.