Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

No way Miller takes a medical redshirt. According to "insiders" he was really aiming to have a huge year and leave early. Obviously this injury has thrown a wrench in things but he could still come back and have a huge year in conference play, win a conference title, a national title, etc. and leave early. I don't see that happening but it's possible. Either way I can't see a situation with him not playing a lot moving forward. But I do think we're going to see a senior season for Braxton Miller.

Might be tricky for him as a senior though. Replacing 4 OL, Fields, Philly, top 2 RB's and maybe the OC/QB coach. But Urban's OC/QB coach from Utah and Florida may be available after this season so that would be real convenient.

I'm not saying I think he'll actually do that. But I am starting to drink the Kenny G Kool-aid. I feel like he might really deserve a legitimate shot at leading this team on the field, even if Miller comes back. Maybe Miller just doesn't have the leadership skills that he should.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in no way shape or form an OSU fan. So I am about as impartial as you can get. Kenny when given the chance, has done what he has needed to do and then some. I have never understood why Braxton has this lock hold on the starting position when he hasn't won any championships. An undefeated season doesn't mean squat to me if you don't have the championship when it's all said and done.

I am in no way shape or form an OSU fan. So I am about as impartial as you can get. Kenny when given the chance, has done what he has needed to do and then some. I have never understood why Braxton has this lock hold on the starting position when he hasn't won any championships. An undefeated season doesn't mean squat to me if you don't have the championship when it's all said and done.

He won the only championship the team was eligible for last year.

Braxton Miller has more experience, more dynamic of a player, better athlete, stronger throwing arm, he is undefeated as a starter and has done nothing to lose his starting job. Kenny G is a great player, but as long as Miller starts out strong and not f-up, he should continue to start.

Meyer will start the right guy. Even coming off injuries players under Urban have to earn their spot back in practice. He seemed happy with what he saw from Braxton on Sunday so we'll see if he continues to be happy with him through the week. Should know more tomorrow with Urban's call-in show.

And the comment about the undefeated season not meaning anything because there was no championship... :dumb:

excited for the game this weekend. the wife and i have tickets. any idea where to hang out during the day, so i can watch the other games close to the stadium, drink some beer, yet not get thoroughly annoyed with a million people?? i've done the lane avenue thing, and can't stand waiting an hour for a beer and elbow-to-elbow with 20000 people. was thinking of going to champps. any ideas?

Braxton Miller has more experience, more dynamic of a player, better athlete, stronger throwing arm, he is undefeated as a starter and has done nothing to lose his starting job. Kenny G is a great player, but as long as Miller starts out strong and not f-up, he should continue to start.

Braxton is not undefeated as a starter.

:confused:

Oh and OSU will be wearing the uniforms from last year's Michigan game Saturday night. Aside from the black names on the back and the numbers that looked kinda like duct tape I loved them. Should look even better under the lights.

http://i.imgur.com/jtyhYaL.jpg

I loved them too aside from the fact they suck.

excited for the game this weekend. the wife and i have tickets. any idea where to hang out during the day, so i can watch the other games close to the stadium, drink some beer, yet not get thoroughly annoyed with a million people?? i've done the lane avenue thing, and can't stand waiting an hour for a beer and elbow-to-elbow with 20000 people. was thinking of going to champps. any ideas?

Champs is good if you want some place that is close and not annoyingly crowded. But I just don't get that being on campus feeling from Champs. Being a night game, most bars on Campus would be crowded. But most places will have a few extra make shift bars open that accepts cash only and only have beer. My idea would be just to walk down High Street and bar hop. There are a ton of bars there and not all of them would be packed. Bars and places to stay away from would be like Tiny Gate, Hineygate, VC, Out or inn, The O patio, BW3s, all the popular ones. The Donatos on highstreet has a bar, has TVs and is never packed. If you want to come hang out at a tailgate send me a PM. One of my friends family always has a big tailgate on the northwest Stadium parking lot. Lots of food, lots of beers, big TV.

Champps is not a bad idea at all. The wife and I have pre-gamed there before on OSU gamedays and it's a nice atmosphere. I'd also recommend BW3's on 5th Avenue, which is a few blocks from Champps (but still within "walking distance" of the stadium, etc.). However, both places tend get packed. It's not wait-an-hour-for-a-beer packed, but definitely oh-shit-there-isn't-much-seating packed.

I miss spoke, i meant jersey. lol

Oh, gotcha.

Going back a second, I like the chrome helmets, I think. I think they will look better without the abundance of bright green buckeye leaf stickers. That way, we can actually see the chrome helmets.

However, I hate the oversized gray numbers on the jerseys. It's like they just threw a whole lot of blah on there. HEY LOOK AT ALL THIS BORING GRAY

Miller has played 1 game this season....if Guiton was the better choice he would be starting. IDk about you...but I think Meyer knows what he is doing. Guiton's short throwing is weak and slow, vs good teams those balls are picks. When have they had a chance to win a championship with Miller starting?

And don't forget Michael Bennett. He didn't play against FAMU and will be back 100% for Wisconsin.

Vegas has OSU -7 and the O/U at 52.5. I think the over is a no brainer but still a little uneasy about the actual outcome of the game. Melvin Gordon averages almost 10ypc for his career and OSU's defense hasn't shown to be the best tacklers over the last 16 games. Could be in for a bit of a shootout.

And don't forget Michael Bennett. He didn't play against FAMU and will be back 100% for Wisconsin.

Vegas has OSU -7 and the O/U at 52.5. I think the over is a no brainer but still a little uneasy about the actual outcome of the game. Melvin Gordon averages almost 10ypc for his career and OSU's defense hasn't shown to be the best tacklers over the last 16 games. Could be in for a bit of a shootout.

I really don't want to see a shootout. We should be able to contain Wisconsin's run game like we did last year. OSU defense is base out of a cover 4 now, they should have plenty of support for the run. If the buckeyes stick to the fundamentals, the run game will be stopped. It's a home game, some people are predicting blow out. I want to see a blowout, but I don't think it will happen.