Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

Did anyone else catch the Clemson/NC State game last night? I think NC St got screwed personally and I also think their OL should be suspended and have charges pressed against him for the uppercut he threw. I can't go around uppercutting people, even though I would like to. What makes it any different that it occurred on a football field?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/clemson-ot-isaiah-battle-lands-uppercut-n-c-032816591--ncaaf.html

I will say this, the dude throwing the punch looks to have some boxing experience, notice how he throws the punch while stepping back, classic boxing technique. Not to mention the punch is short, compact and quick

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else catch the Clemson/NC State game last night? I think NC St got screwed personally and I also think their OL should be suspended and have charges pressed against him for the uppercut he threw. I can't go around uppercutting people, even though I would like to. What makes it any different that it occurred on a football field?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/clemson-ot-isaiah-battle-lands-uppercut-n-c-032816591--ncaaf.html

I will say this, the dude throwing the punch looks to have some boxing experience, notice how he throws the punch while stepping back, classic boxing technique. Not to mention the punch is short, compact and quick

Yeah, that dude should be suspended at least 3-4 games IMO. And yes, NC State did get screwed. That was a joke that they couldn't review that call on the field where he scored to put them ahead. Because it wasn't inside the 5 yard line, they have to go by the call on the field? Yet they can review first down spots anywhere on the field? Wtf? Clemson got every call. That TD would have changed the momentum and NC State could have won. Joke

ACC just protecting it's best team lol. I really think if more than 2 teams go undefeated OSU is left on the outside looking in. You very well could have all the following undefeated teams come seasons end:

Alabama/LSU

Oregon/Clemson

Clemson/Florida State

Louisville

Ohio State

It usually doesn't happen, but it very well could

I think LSU will lose to A&M. My biggest concern is either Oregon or Stanford coming out of the Pac 12 undefeated. I think if either of those teams win out, they're a for sure in. I still think we have enough chances to impress people during the Big Ten to surpass Clemson. It's really a battle for 1 spot because we all know the SEC winner is getting an automatic bid.

Clemson still has Florida State and South Carolina on it's schedule. If they beat both those teams they will have the more impressive record in my opinion. The Big10 teams need to keep winning and hopefully help OSU's strength of schedule. That's why I personally want Michigan to go undefeated until they face OSU.

I forgot about Clemson playing South Carolina. I mean it's a long season...every year at this time it looks like 5 or 6 teams will go undefeated...most get knocked off by a random team on the road at night. At this point as Buckeye fans, we need to worry about getting our guys back and clicking on all cylinders. If we can run through the B1G like nobody's business, we will have a strong argument.

Clemson still has Florida State and South Carolina on it's schedule. If they beat both those teams they will have the more impressive record in my opinion. The Big10 teams need to keep winning and hopefully help OSU's strength of schedule. That's why I personally want Michigan to go undefeated until they face OSU.

If they beat FSU, they will probably play the U and if they win the ACC Championship game, then I think they deserve to go to the NC game. That's a pretty tough schedule.

I think I'd almost prefer Saban to stay at Bama. Who knows what he'd do at Texas...but I guess it could be a good thing.

I saw an interview of him on sportscenter last night and he said he's too old to start over, but $$$ talks lol. I would love to see him leave the SEC just to watch that conference flip out, however I don't want to see him at Texas. That state is loaded with talent and they would instantly be in the conversation once again.

Pretty sure Cal was in the top 10 when OSU scheduled then. Schedules that are made this far out are really just hard to predict. Think about the schools that got Michigan during the RR years?

Yeah, 2004 they were top 5 and kinda got screwed out of the Rose Bowl and ended up at the freakin' Holiday Bowl which they proceeded to lose since they did not want to be there at all.

ESPN reporting that Miller will not play today. I hope we get to see a lot of the 2nd and 3rd string guys today and early. In a game like this there is no reason why the starters and a guy like Guiton should be in there for the 2nd half. Get em off the field and avoid injuries.

Getting a bit worried about Miller, wondering if they are minimizing how bad the injury is. Hope he is ok by wisconsin.

I said the week he got hurt that Jacoby Jones had the same injury and they said 4-6 weeks for him

They said Braxton was 85% and would've played today but he went so hard in practice that he was sore lol. I think he plays next week, how much he plays is TBD though. This game is a joke, but it'll be nice to see a lot of the backups get some playing time. I wonder if Guiton plays at all in the 2nd half

Michigan fans are going to explode if they end up losing this game. Honestly it makes the b10 and OSU look even worse if Michigan loses. I am telling you, OSU needs everyone they play/beat to win as many games as possible. I really think OSU will be on the outside looking in if it comes down to a 3 way tie, the strength of schedule is going to kill them.

Not sure if anyone noticed but Bret Bielema's wife tweeted #Karma after the refs stole Wisconsin's chance to beat ASU last weekend. Mike Vrabel's wife decided to give a little back this week on twitter...

@JenVrabel1

Congrats to future Big Ten rival Rutgers. Big win today over SEC opponent. #Karma