Pole Barn Builders

LPFSTheFett

I used Durabilt from Canton,OH. I tried local smaller builders but resorted to the bigger company after a couple false-starts. They use Amish crews. Work was fast and very precise. I went with wood because I live in a historic home. Otherwise I would have gone with the metal and it's low-maintenance and long warranty.

Garage

I have built about 10 over the years. When you get your prices make sure everyone is using same gauge metal, spacing the trusses the same distance, and are using same poles. There are several different ways to build pole structures, some ways are allot cheaper than others. A Cheap prices isn't always a good deal. FYI

Ballpark for me here, what would total costs on an oversized 2-car garage run? Say 25x25 or 25x30ish.

Most places require an official quote request, but I'm seeing anywhere from 6k to 10k.... sound right?

my 30x40 building was 10k that does not include gravel and concrete... but it did include the build, electric, oversized garage door, etc...

Side Topic:

How do you just find an "amish" to get you a quote for a pole barn?

Just casually stroll up to one of their homes and ask em' or what?

head to amish country and you will see lumber yard signs. I can give you the number of the driver for the Amish people who built mine (they can't have phones, but can use their drivers phone all day long)

Fixed!!!

I agree! 50x150 would be pretty awesome! LOL

I got a quote from 64 metals in St. Lousville. Came out to 35k for a 40x50 or 27k for a 30x50. 8k for concrete (5") and 9k for labor 9k. Seems like there is certainly some room for cheaper labor prices. Of course I dont know what it takes to build one either. lol