I'm crossing over to the dark side...

cbrjess0815

LOL I bought a GSXR! A friend of my ex had an 06 GSXR 750 with only 4k miles on it when he crashed it like a year ago. He hit a wall sideways with no insurance and it broke the frame and smashed a fork and the upper stay. It sat in his garage for the past year and then he got some girl prego so he was desperate for money... It has a great motor, good swingarm, subrame, rear wheel, clipons, controls, harness... I have all kinds of stuff to start me a good healthy track bike project.. Pics to come as soon as they upload!! :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats.. A frame will set you back between 1000-1500..

New forks 350+ for OEM, 600+ for OEM with aftermarket internals.

Make sure to get everything measured because you probably need a new tripple or need to get the one you have straightened. Not to mentinon the rotors, rims, etc all need to be measured to make sure they are not bent.

Well it's at Brandon's house so the GSXR king is there to help me.. I am really glad I'm doing it this way cuz I will get to learn ALOT about working on them and I'll get to build it the way I want to. This isn't gonna be a quick in and out thing.. This wil be an all summer long project. I figure it's better for me to sink my money into building something like this than spending a bunch of money on something I have a loan on..

To echo Flounder, hopefully, you got it under $2k because you'll be sinking about $2500 in it. GSXRs are somewhat fragile beasts nowadays. The rims are butter and will bend by looking at them too long. Check that rear to make sure.

Frames are somewhat pricey on these models as they are newer and prone to damage...

Wheels, forks, triples, race plastic, etc. are gonna cost you.

If at the end, you are going to have more than $5-$6k in it, buy a Swantz bike from Reuben over at 35 Motorsports. It would be a turn key ready to roll...

There's a guy on here selling race fairings, but he wants $400 for Hotbodies rattle canned... I think that's high. www.wera.com is your friend with needing GSXR parts...